Some basic questions for Blue Iris

TimSee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello sorry I am still new to blue iris. I am just about set on all my settings.

at the bottom of my blue iris i have a spot that states clips 187 files, 546.7/721.0G I went through the videos deleted everything. My 1TB HD shows I have 46.7 GB used and 870 GB free im not sure whats the problem with that but seems like its not correct? It still shows that I 187 files, 546.7/721.0G (I have closed and reopen as well.)

also I have my settings to record all the time but to limit size to 700GB limit clip age to 7 days.

Sometimes I notice the the playback line will go blank but if I restart blue iris it comes back up? It was always recording and I have the video file just kind of weird..

TimSee

n3wb
Reaction score
Try repairing your database. Under Blue Iris Status, there is a button in the bottom left.
Thank you that worked.
Now I will try to get my trigger to work lol. I had it setup and after an update now it does not trigger I am not sure what happen I will keep messing with it

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
use size only to limit recording DO NOT USE AGE. BI will use 100% of the allocated space then delete files as needed. or more them to a different folder. It is not recommended to move files from new to stored when new and stored are on the same drive.

You should not be manually deleting files.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TimSee ,

Regarding deleting clip files in BI:

You can manually delete individual clips over in the clip viewer: click on the clip thumbnail you want to delete by highlight it then hit the <DELETE> key on your keyboard.

If there are several clips you want to delete, you can streamline the process by highlighting the first clip to be deleted, scroll down to the last clip you want deleted, hold down the <SHIFT> key on your keyboard and click on that last clip thumbnail, highlighting all clip thumbnails between that first clip and the last clip. If you press your <DELETE> key now, all those that were highlighted will be deleted.

If there are 1 or more clip thumbnails that were highlighted for deleting above by using the <SHIFT> key that you do NOT want deleted, you can hold down the <CNTRL> key on your keyboard and keeping it pressed, click on any clip thumbnail that you do NOT want deleted, removing the highlight on it BEFORE you press the <DELETE> key.

FWIW, the above is a standard Windows Explorer feature that's been around for as long as I can remember, I believe since Windows 3.1 of circa 1992.

Last edited: