Some cameras have an asterisk against them?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Some of my cameras have an asterisk against their name, so for example Drive1* but Drive2 doens't.

Tried searching the help files but found nothing, anybody have any ideas what it signifies?

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera that has the asterisk after its name is probably a clone. All of my clones have that asterisk.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
What does this little yellow triangle mean?
Can your camera push 60fps and 120 iframe ? I assume it means you are having a issue with that setting. What happens if you drop the fps does it go away ?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera that has the asterisk after its name is probably a clone. All of my clones have that asterisk.
You having said that it does make sense. I have cloned Drive1, Drive2 and Extension with the same name but _C added to the end. But Drive1 has an asterisk as does Drive2_C and Extension_C as per the screenshot which is what confused me.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can your camera push 60fps and 120 iframe ? I assume it means you are having a issue with that setting. What happens if you drop the fps does it go away ?
Thanks that got me to thinking and I looked at the settings in blue Iris and somehow my frame rate there got set to 33 after a software update so I changed it to 62 and the issue went away.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I tell a lie just checked the cameras and what they are streaming and Drive1 is a clone, looks like I’ve actually made a boo boo when setting up the clones.