Some things I cannot find in help

Reaction score
BI4.6.5.3

On the camera motion config pages. Under config motion detection, on the page where you set zones, there is a slider in the area fr brush/rectangle. What does this do?

On the page above that there is a check box "move camera groups"? What does that do?

Finally, is there a way to trigger motion that goes from one camera to another?

Thanks!

REgards,

Dewey

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
On the camera motion config pages. Under config motion detection, on the page where you set zones, there is a slider in the area fr brush/rectangle. What does this do?
I believe this slider affects the thickness of the "brush" you are drawing the motion zones with.

Finally, is there a way to trigger motion that goes from one camera to another?
No, if you mean triggering when an object moves from camera A to camera B. Blue Iris has no way of knowing it was the same object.

Reaction score
Thanks BP. I have two cameras on different portions of my driveway. It would limit false triggers if there was a way to have camera two send the alert if camera 1 was previously triggered at some interval before Camera 2 was triggered. Does not need to be object based.

Thanks.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think you can have such a limit on the alerts, where two cameras need to trigger within a time period in order to send out the alert.

You can set it up to only trigger upon zone crossing (object moves from one zone to another) but only with both zones on the same camera of course.

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just set up a group to trigger. When one triggers the other will also.