sounds you don't want to hear near your house

Discussion in 'Camera Captures' started by cam235, Jul 17, 2017.

Share This Page

1. cam235

cam235 Getting the hang of it

I don't know if this belongs here as there's no useful video, only audio, but this happened fairly close by and put a woman in the hospital. Police confirmed the incident but aren't saying much.

I heard police recovered 9mm casings from the street. I don't know anything about guns, but for those who do, can you tell anything from the rate of fire? Could you do this with a semi-auto? But maybe a full-auto would be much faster?

FWIW, the built-in mics on Dahua turret cams are less sensitive, but get a better recording of gunfire. The more sensitive external mic that nayr recommended, connected to a Hikvision dome rendered the shots as basically loud white noise, but did pick up some other sounds afterwards which might be the getaway car (along with a loud frog or insect or something). Hikvision with external mic:

By the way, I did an experiment with the camera looking at a tablet displaying a clock, and the Dahua timestamp appears to be within 1 second of correct. The Hikvision is a few seconds off.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    bababouy likes this.
  2. looney2ns

looney2ns Known around here

That rate of fire is easily obtained with a semi-auto.

3. cam235

cam235 Getting the hang of it

Is it typical for a semi-auto to have an almost perfectly even rate of fire for 15-20 shots in 5 seconds?

4. bigredfish

bigredfish Getting comfortable

If you've ever shot competition on a timer, you would clearly hear that those shots weren't even close to an even rate of fire. They actually picked up towards the end. Semi-auto.

5. suddenstop

suddenstop n3wb

Unquestionably semi-auto.

6. Frankydp

Frankydp n3wb

That was multiple weapons. One firing first, with a second joining at a different caliber or orientation from your mic. Agree they are absolutely semi-auto. Round count was over 20 so more likely to be dual weapons vice a 20+ capacity weapon.

bigredfish likes this.