Sovmiku SF05C bullet IP camera - help!

mikeinnc

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently bought a Sovmiku IP camera from Banggood in China. It comes with minimal information, and wanted me to connect via an app to some unknown server. Not happy with this, I managed to get it working on my home LAN, via ethernet, and using the Synology Surveillance software to capture images and video. It actually worked really well - and for the price it was excellent. However - and, yes, I know I should have left well alone! - I found that I could telnet into it as root using the well-known password <cxlinux>. Well, due to my inexperience and/or stupidity (probably both!), I managed to issue a command that stopped it working. OK, so I disassmbled it, and find it uses a Goke GK7102S SOC as its main processor. It's actually surprisingly well made! Now, what I'd like to do is to access it via a serial FTDI / USB communications device so that I might be able to undo what I've done (It won't allow me to access it via network - wired or wireless, although it does produce a wifi signal - cloudcam+<mac address>). But I cannot work out if, or where, the tx and rx ports are! The SOC has two large pads that looked promising - they appear to be part of an unpopulated plug - with a common each side of them, but no joy from them when attempting to boot. There's a separate 'daughter' board that contains a SD card holder, and is connected to the main board by a flat cable. On there are two small ports, labelled rx and tx but they don't produce anything, either. So my - long-shot - question is - does anyone know if or wher the serial port connections are for the SOC, and maybe the port speed etc? Thanks for any advice!