Speaker and Mic for camera

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was looking for general info on adding a mic and speaker to my BI system, If i had to choose i rather have speaker to yell at people! LOL. Has anyone used this and if so how well does it work , Are the clear or have distortion ? any lag or delay? Best choices?

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the camera a audio in and out port assumed one was for a mic and other could be used for a speaker

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Audio out on cameras in not amplified. You can't just hook up a speaker, amplification is required.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really have specific recommendations. It depends on how loud you want it to be and where you're installing it. The amp/speaker will require power.
What do you recommend then so i can yell at trespassers! lol

Last edited:

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
try looking at motorcycle speakers.
- Amplified.
- 12V DC powered, so you could use a poe splitter (12V version) or a 48V poe splitter to power you cam, then a 3 terminal voltage regulator to step down from 48V to 12V to power the amp.
- Motorcycle speakers are meant to be used outdoors, so weather protection is built in.
- compact

I was unsuccessful in getting the camera's audio out to work. The audio in worked for thee mic. For the external speaker, I had to use the audio out from the NVR.
YMMV

Fastb