Specific requirements - any suggestions?

Heathen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

This is my first post and the reason for my visiting this forum. Hoping the level of expertise on here will give me some options to explore to resolve my camera issues.

So...

I have an Argus 2 from Reolink. It works very well, good images, easy to install/use, wireless, solar/battery-powered, happy with the software and app that comes with it, and so on.

However... my requirement is that guests can view the stream just by opening a link in their browser on their device. The Argus 2 doesn't do this - I've discussed it with Reolink and it's not happening. That unfortunately means my guests will need the admin username and password to view the stream, which obviously gives them full access to the camera, its settings and any recordings. There's no user account setup either, so I can't do a workaround that way.

Anyone have any suggestions on suitable cameras? Ideally under £120, but I'll consider others if the benefits are there.

Cheers!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please read the cliff notes in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Reolink is pure crap.

Do not use wifi for security cameras.

Become educated before you waste more money

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reolink....avoid.
Most cameras can be streamed to YouTube. Guest's would only need a link to YouTube.
Stick with hikvision and dahua cams.

Heathen

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, most appreciated. I'm making my way through the Wiki, as suggested, but I just want to point out, this isn't a security issue. I'm using the camera to monitor birds nesting.

Interesting that you've both replied to avoid the camera I have, with varying levels of severity. Of course I don't have the experience and knowledge of the members here, hence me being here asking questions, but from a noob point of view the camera I've got was incredibly straightforward to setup and the interface is very easy to use. I'm not some company shill, just genuinely pleased with its performance so far.

So, can you recommend a wireless, streaming-capable camera that requires very little intervention to setup and to leave operating?