Speeding ticket issued to parked car, thanks to traffic camera and lazy outsourced tech and officers

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, just can't make this stuff up...

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Man, if a systemic mistake like that kept happening where I work, people would be fired...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well it is New Orleans, where the corruption runs deep.
I'd be camping in the mayors & police chiefs office frequently.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how hard can it be to simply whitelist a single plate at that location or define a region of the image where the software looks for plates?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's sad, but sometimes a lawsuit is the only way to get a local government entity to do the right thing or do their fiduciary duty. I wouldn't be surprised if some ambulance chaser contacts the guy in the video after this was on the news. Open records requests can also rattle some cages.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's sad, but sometimes a lawsuit is the only way to get a local government entity to do the right thing or do their fiduciary duty. I wouldn't be surprised if some ambulance chaser contacts the guy in the video after this was on the news. Open records requests can also rattle some cages.
Friend of mine sued Evansville city for something stupid the city did that involved him. Due to the cities legal stall tactics, It only took seven years to come to a conclusion.