Squatters??

Reaction score
This guy is brilliant!!

The basic strategy he details is that if a squatter has rights to his mom's house, then He can get a signed lease from his mom for legal standing to the house, then go Squat there instead of the squatters! awesome!

Reaction score
This guy is brilliant!!

The basic strategy he details is that if a squatter has rights to his mom's house, then He can get a signed lease from his mom for legal standing to the house, then go Squat there instead of the squatters! awesome!
I would pay good money to have this mans patience. I would not have had an ounce of his decency in that situation.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
This guy is brilliant!!

He dealt with this really well. Fortunately, the squatter wasn't going to put up a fight probably because it would cause issues with her employment.

But what I don't understand is how did she get the keys? Was she given them to view the house when she wanted to rent it "for free"?

Reaction score
He dealt with this really well. Fortunately, the squatter wasn't going to put up a fight probably because it would cause issues with her employment.

But what I don't understand is how did she get the keys? Was she given them to view the house when she wanted to rent it "for free"?
I don't think she had keys-- I think she just went in via an ulocked back door. In the video-- when the guy put the key in the lock I thought it would Not turn because she would have changed the locks.

Last edited:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think she had keys-- I think she just went in via an ulocked back door. In the video-- when the guy put the key in the lock I thought it would Not turn because she would have changed the locks.
Unlocked back door eye roll. This is just asking for problems.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reminds me of what my godfather did that worked to remove squatters from his place in Portugal, he lives in Canada. He tried prior to negotiate lease / rental terms but they didn't care to any terms. He hired roofers to remove the roof tiles knowing that most people would be at the big village annual festival one evening; his hunch was right. When the unwanted guests came back they came back to a roofless house. He said you want the roof back let's negotiate lease terms. They left the next day.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I have friend in Toronto who has a house in Kingston, Jamaica. It's currently being squatted in and he doesn't even bother with it. He's afraid of them burning it to the ground and/or killing him if he tries to evict them!

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Just had a thought. The door was locked when he arrived. How is she unlocking it? She must have been given keys to view the place and made copies.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just had a thought. The door was locked when he arrived. How is she unlocking it? She must have been given keys to view the place and made copies.
Trench town is a different world from rural Portugal. Don't blame him taking moderate steps in this case.