Sricam AP-001 presets on Blue Iris

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been given a Sricam AP-001 camera. It works great in Blue Iris except that I can't get the presets to work from Blue Iris. They do work from the Sricam Android app so I know that this camera supports presets - I just need to make them work from Blue Iris.

Can anyone help, please?

I know that there are some on here that will advise me to avoid Sricam products, return the camera etc. As I was given the camera and it works apart from this one minor inconvenience, returning it is not an option and I just want to maximise the value I get from it so please don't advise me to return it or inform me that the Sricam products are junk. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been given a Sricam AP-001 camera. It works great in Blue Iris except that I can't get the presets to work from Blue Iris. They do work from the Sricam Android app so I know that this camera supports presets - I just need to make them work from Blue Iris.

Can anyone help, please?

I know that there are some on here that will advise me to avoid Sricam products, return the camera etc. As I was given the camera and it works apart from this one minor inconvenience, returning it is not an option and I just want to maximise the value I get from it so please don't advise me to return it or inform me that the Sricam products are junk. Thanks.
Sricams are complete junk and should not be used for security - even if its free. Search the blue iris forum and read the help file for information on properly setting up presets.

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm confident that I never said I was using it for security - it is entirely adequate for my needs.

I searched the various forums and read the help file before posting my query - neither helped me get any closer to sorting this so really hoping that someone has a solution.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm confident that I never said I was using it for security - it is entirely adequate for my needs.

I searched the various forums and read the help file before posting my query - neither helped me get any closer to sorting this so really hoping that someone has a solution.

Thanks.
I am confident that I never said you were using it for security purposes. What I said was that it should never be used for security even if free. I guess if you cant get it working its safe to blame the crap camera. You need to explain what you tried to get it working as the help file explains that certain cameras PTZ settings work differently
If you start your first post in a passive aggressive manner, that is the response you will get.

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know what your beef is with Sricam - the camera works just fine and their software works just fine with the camera so I am truly astounded that the first response I got was to tell me that the Sricam product was junk and that it should not be used for security. For the approximately £20 these are available for in the UK I think that they offer pretty amazing value. Sure, neither the camera or the software is premium quality but then neither is the price - especially if you get it for free!

As I already have a selection of other cameras on Blue Iris I want to use their camera with third party software and, by trying this, am in uncharted territory as far as Sricam is concerned - I don't blame them for this and can't really figure out how anyone else can. I really would have preferred to have avoided this part of the conversation but you seem intent to rubbish these cameras, unfairly I feel.

Within Blue Iris I have tried various strings in the 'http:// or script' field in the 'presets' screen of the 'PTZ/Control' tab. These were intuitive choices (based on reviewing what works on other cameras - or with the Sricam camera with other control software) as I have not been able to find any documentation of what these might be for this camera. I was thus hoping that someone may have figured out what should be entered in these fields and was able and willing to share.

If not I'll probably get a sniffer on the network but it would be so much easier if someone has already done this and is able to share.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know what your beef is with Sricam - the camera works just fine and their software works just fine with the camera so I am truly astounded that the first response I got was to tell me that the Sricam product was junk and that it should not be used for security. For the approximately £20 these are available for in the UK I think that they offer pretty amazing value. Sure, neither the camera or the software is premium quality but then neither is the price - especially if you get it for free!

As I already have a selection of other cameras on Blue Iris I want to use their camera with third party software and, by trying this, am in uncharted territory as far as Sricam is concerned - I don't blame them for this and can't really figure out how anyone else can. I really would have preferred to have avoided this part of the conversation but you seem intent to rubbish these cameras, unfairly I feel.

Within Blue Iris I have tried various strings in the 'http:// or script' field in the 'presets' screen of the 'PTZ/Control' tab. These were intuitive choices (based on reviewing what works on other cameras - or with the Sricam camera with other control software) as I have not been able to find any documentation of what these might be for this camera. I was thus hoping that someone may have figured out what should be entered in these fields and was able and willing to share.

If not I'll probably get a sniffer on the network but it would be so much easier if someone has already done this and is able to share.
Sricam offers ZERO value and should never be used. I cannot stress this enough. Its subpar garbage. Worse than even foscam. You could have avoided this part of the conversation by not starting your post with the passive aggressive please dont tell me to return it part.
You are likely simply setting it up improperly in blue iris...start again. Read the help file again.

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
Everything in life has value - even if just to learn about the product. This camera has value to me - far exceeding the price I paid for it! :)

I have read the Blue Iris manual - it does not offer any real help.

I will resort to sniffing the traffic - frankly I find it hard to continue a discussion with someone who is so biased and unwilling to see any good in a product. Despite what you say, I am happy that the camera I have acquired does what I need. It has good picture quality both in normal and low light conditions. The pan and tilt function works acceptable. The software as supplied works. The Sricam ecosystem works fine and I can't blame Sricam that it does not work with Blue Iris - yet!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Everything in life has value - even if just to learn about the product. This camera has value to me - far exceeding the price I paid for it! :)

I have read the Blue Iris manual - it does not offer any real help.

I will resort to sniffing the traffic - frankly I find it hard to continue a discussion with someone who is so biased and unwilling to see any good in a product. Despite what you say, I am happy that the camera I have acquired does what I need. It has good picture quality both in normal and low light conditions. The pan and tilt function works acceptable. The software as supplied works. The Sricam ecosystem works fine and I can't blame Sricam that it does not work with Blue Iris - yet!
sniffing traffic wont help. Doesnt seem like you know what you are doing anyway. Its a settings issue in blue iris - you have not done it properly.

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
Doesnt seem like you know what you are doing anyway.
I know that I don't know what I am doing with this. That is why I posted the question in the first place, in clear, open recognition and admission that I don't know the answer but am prepared to learn - after all, isn't that what forums are at least partly for? :)

sniffing traffic wont help
Oh, why? Surely the traffic from the app that works to the camera is on the network and will hold the commands that initiate the action? It isn't encrypted, as far as I know (and even if it was, apparently the Sricam systems are so bad that it surely won't be very good encryption! :rolleyes:) , so surely it will help me understand what the successful commands look like so that I can try them as a base for this.

Its a settings issue in blue iris - you have not done it properly.
If this is an attempt to help then it is not really helpful in any way unfortunately. Yes, I know I'm doing it wrong and I'm asking if anyone knows how to do it right. If you do know then please consider sharing. If not then why bother posting?

As I have a new, paid subscription to Blue Iris I have approached Blue Iris support for help, I'll report back once I get a response.

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, farmer, this is very helpful!

I think you may be correct with shared hardware - they certainly do appear to be similar in appearance.

I've compared your settings to mine. The Video one is identical but the PTZ/Control one has some differences that may be significant. I'll try your settings to see if it helps. Here is how mine was set - all auto-discovered / default settings. It appears that we may have different versions of Blue Iris, which is why the screen shot looks different, I guess (the version I am on is 4.3.8.0.w32).

Nw IP Camera Config.jpg

Thanks again for the help!

Edited to add: Did you make any changes to the 'Edit Presets' screen / tab? Mine is currently as below. Note that the values in Name/Value are simply the most recent set of values I have entered there and are not correct as they do not work. I have tried numerous other formats and entries and have not yet found any that work.
Presets.jpg

I have set the presets with the app from my phone and they still work on the app but I can't get any movement at all when using Blue Iris so I must assume that the format is incorrect in Blue Iris.

Last edited by a moderator:

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried your settings. As I suspected, the path one is key, changing it stops the camera working so this remains as above. The check box differences make no difference to the preset issue - they may affect other things so I've set them back to as they were above.

Thanks again for your help, farmer!

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
My first picture I labeled "Video" but it is actually the Network IP "Configure" dialogue that I posted. It's in the Video tab dialogue.

Curious why your preset Name/Values are numbered 30, 31, 32, etc, and not 1, 2, 3, etc. Did you try setting the presets in the Sricam client (or IE browser)? The numbering seems odd.
Thanks, yes, I saw that. I also now realise that you cropped the various screenshots which is why they looked different and confused me! :redface-new:

I'm using an old, slow computer while I await the new one I've ordered for Blue Iris so it takes a long time to open the settings screens each time. Consequently, while I had the preset screen open I entered a number of possible values so that I could go back to the main Blue Iris screen and try the different settings easily. If I'd got any movement I'd have been able to identify which settings enabled that and then homed in on them. Unfortunately none worked and I've not put these settings back to default (blank) condition yet.

Do you have OXML selected on the PTZ/Control dialogue, first box (Network IP)? And, the "Enable" box checked?

Looks like I have the same version of BI (the latest) except for 64 bit version. Shouldn't be any difference.
Yes, I have that. My PTZ tab is as follows:
PTZ.JPG

Thanks again for your help!

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, farmer. I've spent some time today changing various settings but to no avail. I've tried various cameras in the Make field on the Video |IP Configuration tab. The Generic one is auto discovered by Blue Iris and appears to be the only one that works - as long as the path is set to /onvif1. Even the Sricam setting does not work - in fact the camera cannot connect when this one is chosen.

I've also tried various cameras in the PTZ tab - Sricam works here but the preset settings still do not work from Blue Iris. More investigation required!

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have recently started another topic on sricam's and the presets before I have stumbled on this thread.

I was hoping someone may have made some advancements on getting the presets to work on a sricam, but suspecting this hasn't happened.

Such a shame as the ptv arrows allow me to move the camera's so I had some decent hope.

I have only managed to get the ptv to work through as onvif.

The camera's work OK for my usage, other than the presets and the lack of two way audio (although the latter I can do without)

Reaction score

Can anyone help, please?

It's been quite a while since i have been on, did you get your problem solved? if not, what I found in Blue Iris is to have you camera in manual movement mode, position it where you want the preset location and click and hold the position number you want to assign it to. after a few seconds the button will pop back up and it is assigned. when you get done, click on the patrol button to the right of the preset numbers, should turn green, wait a few seconds, should operate.