SriCam AP005 control problem.

hawk521

n3wb
Reaction score
Just installed a new SriCam AP005 camera. Works great with latest Blue Iris except for one minor problem. The UP/DOWN controls work backwards. Is there a process I should follow to report this sort of software problem to Blue Iris?

Thanks.

-hawk

hawk521

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I missed that...

BTW - Thank you for your ongoing support for Blue Iris. It is so nice to be able to cobble together a rather extensive camera surveillance system from my variety of old IP cameras! So far I've got 4 working and another 3 to go.

Only downside so far is that my wife doesn't want her privacy intruded upon in the wee hours of the morning - so she just drapes a dishcloth over the kitchen camera in the mornings! lol

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to help.
Dont thank us...we just run the forum which is has no direct relationship to blue iris. thanks belongs to the the developer Ken Peltzer.....it is one hell of a piece of software and keeps improving...

neo

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue iris for AP005 SRICAM

Just installed a new SriCam AP005 camera. Works great with latest Blue Iris except for one minor problem. The UP/DOWN controls work backwards. Is there a process I should follow to report this sort of software problem to Blue Iris?

Thanks.

-hawk[/QUOT]

Hi guy
Which driver cam do you use ?
I use the FOSCAM MJPEG, the ap005 drivers don't work with Blue iris
Do you solve motion tracking ?

thanks for help

hawk521

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guy
Which driver cam do you use ?
I use the FOSCAM MJPEG, the ap005 drivers don't work with Blue iris
Do you solve motion tracking ?

thanks for help
I have two of the SriCam AP005 cameras and chose the Blue Iris camera driver that corresponds directly to it. Was able to correct the UP/DOWN control issue via the Blue Iris software where it allows you to "reverse" the action of those controls (there are also built-in options to reverse the Zoom/Unzoom, and Left/Right pan controls).

I am disappointed that the SriCam AP005 does not support AutoFocus (some of the ads say that it does) but it only allows you to electronically focus it. Since the Blue Iris software doesn't provide for this focus option via the Web URL interface, one has to pre-focus it and plan to leave it alone when viewing via the Blue Iris web interface. Not a show stopper of a problem - but reduces the usefulness of the camera when you wish to zoom in closer on something of interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

hawk521

n3wb
Reaction score
After living with the Sricam AP005 camera for a while I have grown weary of the erratic performance. I took neo's advice and switched to the FOSCAM MJPEG driver. The camera immediately started working and I hope remains stable. For the money ($162 each) I think the Sricam is a good buy. But only if you can get it working correctly.

BlueIris doesn't seem to provide a "focus" option on their controls. Or have I missed it? My Sricam AP005 has what the manufacturer calls "electronic focus" but it is totally manual. This appears to mean that I cannot make use of the Zoom option within BlueIris as the picture immediately goes out of focus. If I connect directly to the camera url (bypassing BlueIris) I can adjust the focus with the web based client of the camera itself.

BlueIris should re-examine the Sricam AP004/AP005 drivers. They sometimes worked. But mostly just created erratic connection problems with the cameras.

For now I'm using the FOSCAM MJPEG camera selection within BlueIris as it seems to be stable. I just wish there was a way in BlueIris to adjust the focus after doing a zoom.

kevincraig

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to get the ap005 to take pics instead of giving me alert logs my zmodo takes the pic when something moves in front of camera

Tag

n3wb
Reaction score
Mirror image
Anyone having trouble with the image being a mirror image? The left side being on the right side of view screen, etc. Is there a way to fix this problem? Just installed an AP004 ptz. A bit miffed about the lack of auto focus on zoom. My camera can be manually focused during the day, but at night can not be manually focused:livid:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Tag, welcome to the forum...there should be a setting in the firmware to mirror, toggle the setting...
Fyi, sricam is a junk brand and you are better off returning it if you still can.

Tag

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Thank you for the reply. I'm realizing now that it's junk, but got it 6 months ago at an auction for almost nothing. Mostly just playing with it to get a feel for PTZ cameras. Using it to track the raccoons in the back yard.
I have the camera connected to my route network and am using an IPad with the Sricam APCamera App. Is there a way to access the firmware in this setup? Could never get the PC software to download. Thanks for any help. Tag

Tag

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Frnderman,
I found the setting in the App browser, so got the picture corrected. Now I'd just like to figure out how to access it from my phone when not on the same wifi router, like when i'm away from home.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Frnderman,
I found the setting in the App browser, so got the picture corrected. Now I'd just like to figure out how to access it from my phone when not on the same wifi router, like when i'm away from home.
you need to setup the blue iris webserver and port forwarding.