SRICAM AP009 and a Complete Noob to IP Cameras!

pagdodd

n3wb
Reaction score
I was hoping someone has had experience with setting up the SRICAM AP009
I purchased one of these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QA0NQ28/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=19E5ZXPWSDWL2&coliid=I2UIXBYIX1HSHH

All software etc is in broken English

Could somebody please give me a step by step guide to:

Set it up
Connect to a PC app
Use PC App for recording
etc...

I have had a little play around and can connect to it using their provided APK for Android app, but is there a better one?

Thanks in advance!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QA0NQ28/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=19E5ZXPWSDWL2&coliid=I2UIXBYIX1HSHH

Set it up
Connect to a PC app
Use PC App for recording
etc...

I have had a little play around and can connect to it using their provided APK for Android app, but is there a better one?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum..what pc app are you using?

Also note that the sricam is a junk camera..there are much better options out there.

pagdodd

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you :) I am well aware that you get what you pay for :) Hence why only bought one for now.

I have only briefly tried their own pc app, what is the current best one to use?

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score
Stick the cd in computer. Plug cam into router. Run p2p program. This finds your Ip address for your cam such as 192.168.1.111 then choose your port. I think normal is 88.double click your Ip number then it will pull up the software on Explorer. Choose your settings go. I prefer blue iris.

edunne

n3wb
Reaction score
What IP wireless camera would you recommend. I agree that Sricam is junk, just got one, it works in one room, when I move it about 8 feet it does not work. I bought it to replace a Tenvis IProbot which developed a clicking sound.... Will probably go back to Tenvis....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What IP wireless camera would you recommend. I agree that Sricam is junk, just got one, it works in one room, when I move it about 8 feet it does not work. I bought it to replace a Tenvis IProbot which developed a clicking sound.... Will probably go back to Tenvis....
Hikvision and dahua are your best bet..

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score
It sounds like you have a networking problem. I have 2 sricams (ones indoor in a building ones outdoor) about 1/2 an acre away and it works for me.

adesmond2

n3wb
Reaction score

Set it up
Connect to a PC app
Use PC App for recording
etc...

Thanks in advance!
http://www.sricctv.com/en/products/Electronics/720P_Wifi_IP_Camera_AP009.html#.VUxrr6bNceE

Is this the one you gotten?

Infact, I heard a lot of bad feedbacks about it. But it's all in one camera for me.. Thus still decided to go with this other then those expensive ones.

I just got a SP007, similar as yours.

PC connection still unable to connect due to some issues, getting support this weekend. Mobile Apps works perfectly except manual recording..

Stick the cd in computer. Plug cam into router. Run p2p program. This finds your Ip address for your cam such as 192.168.1.111 then choose your port. I think normal is 88.double click your Ip number then it will pull up the software on Explorer. Choose your settings go. I prefer blue iris.
Great to know yours works fine, mine still not able to pull up any IP. How do I go about installing blue iris and using this program? (I'll go check it after I click on post) haha.. :)

It sounds like you have a networking problem. I have 2 sricams (ones indoor in a building ones outdoor) about 1/2 an acre away and it works for me.
Hi 5! Same here. I have one indoor and one outdoor, about to do a full review of this sricam later on. :)