SriCam IP Cameras

Roys

n3wb
Reaction score
hi guys,
I have recently bought Sricam 2x Wireless IP Cameras and both I connected with the CAT 5 Cable through the router and and they are working on the Sricam app and PC.The same I have done wirelessly through the app on my iphone and was viewing the camera and choose network setting and conneced wifi my router.
But when I typed one of the cameras IP address to view on the IE website it shows up IE cannot display the webpage.I was using P2P ID Finder and when I opened it,it did not show any IP address that was connected Lan or wifi.I want to use P2P ID Finder,so I can set up each camera wirelessly.
Please,Can somebody help me out!!!
Thank You

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You probably should send them back rather than waste your time. The Windows version and IE version probably don't matter unless you are using something crazy old.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
IE10 is 3 years old, if you're having to frig the settings of the camera to get it to work with IE11 that's worrying. If you are still using IE10 that's even more worrying.

Stop spouting rubbish about your cheap 2nd hand Chinese camera having a great picture. It doesn't, you have no decent comparison. Fun to experiment with, yes as you have plenty of spare time. Adequate for security, most definitely not. Sricam should never be used for security unless you are not taking security seriously. They are fine for a dog camera if you want to spend hours trying to setup. This view is shared by almost all the experts here (or which I am not one of).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My cameras are better than yours. I bet your cameras are junk. What are they and I'll let you know. You should send all your junk cameras back to China and I'll make suggestions about some high-end cameras you can consider (if you can afford them). You kids playing with cheap Chinese cameras and arguing about who has the best cheap Chinese camera is kinda funny. Look back through the posts on all of the cheap Chinese cameras and no one even knows what hardware/firmware combination they have even with the exact same model number. PS: Anyone using Windows 10 ain't too smart.
Windows 10 is fantastic. I have it running on 20+ vms systems as well as another 20+ office pc's. You've got no clue. Really you just sound inexperienced and stupid. There is no question as to firmware/hardware on US region hikvision or dahua cameras. Sricam is simply garbage. Your have no expertise in this field, you over paid for acti cameras and simply dont know what you are doing.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK thanks Troll. I think you brought this thread down to the "my dad is bigger than your dad" level of childishness. The exit door is in the top-right, you can leave whenever you like, you did say you were only staying for one post IIRC.

I will keep warning people against cheap Chinese rubbish like Sricam because:

1) I don't want people making a mistake buying this rubbish. Everytime you reply to a Sricam post saying it's fantastic quality, there is a change someone will buy a camera believing your complete spouting of rubbish. It's almost inevitable they will return here asking for help to get that crap working.
2) I don't want people thinking that the quality is amazing because they are comparing it to 420TVL utter junk. If they bought a decent camera in the first place they would realise that their Sricams are terrible.
3) I actually want to help people buy decent and reliable gear and the right cameras for them. Those who have bought the right gear but grey-imported it and hit problems then I and others try to help.

Why you keep recommending them is beyond me (maybe you work for Sricam, maybe you are Uber, maybe you really are a total idiot), it's not like you offer any significant support to the people asking for Sricam support on a daily basis like others did with their Huisuns. So I guess you are just trolling, it's just that your trolling might cost some innocent soul some money one day.

I will post this every-time some idiot recommends Sricam. Sricam should never be used for security unless you are not taking security seriously. They are fine for a dog camera if you want to spend hours trying to setup but there are better options available.

-----------------------------------------------

As an adios, here's some reviews from Amazon rather than some back-water paper, there are literally hundreds and the bad ones outweigh the good, and the good ones generally state the quality was great after I spend 1000 hours getting it to work. Btw I just copied the first 3 I found:

2.0 out of 5 starsI returned mine for a refund
By cipnt on 9 May 2015
Verified Purchase
The item was purchased as a starting point for a small IP surveillance system for my home.
Initially the camera was used as a standalone device with its motion detect feature and uploading to FTP service Cammy (cammy.com). While the service itself worked, the motion detection was flawed and missed a significant number of large events. The camera was aimed at my car, me getting into the car and driving off would often not be picked up by the camera motion detect feature.
At first I wasn’t too bothered about this since I was planning to purchase a NVR that will record continuously. When I did purchased the NVR,' I was surprised to see it would not detect or connect to the camera in any way', even though it would work ok with another camera.
This meant I couldn’t use the camera with a NVR for continuous recording and I couldn’t use it reliably for event recording with motion detection.' The only reliable way of using the camera was to view the images real-time on my PC or smartphone on my network, not even outside my home. This defeats the purpose of the product.'
Depending on what you aim to use this camera for, you might find it useful. I returned mine for a refund.

2.0 out of 5 stars
Not as it should be!
By Delzx7r on 25 Jan. 2015
Verified Purchase
The camera arrived very quickly and looked really good when I unpacked it! Plugged it into the router and connected the adapter and it immediately started talking to the network...GREAT... Installed the software ( after some difficulty ) and set the camera up to use wifi. Disconnected the ethernet cable and that's where things went pear-shaped. No matter what I do I cannot get this camera to work wirelessly.. I have tried over and over again but to no avail. Therefore I set it up as a hardwired unit using an access point and everything worked...EXCEPT the infra-red ...Darkness came and I was presented with a blank black screen... So this camera has not been tested properly at the factory and has been shipped in a faulty state...I'm sending it back!

1.0 out of 5 stars
This is garbage. I thought I would save a few quid ...
By Chris Wilding on 23 Mar. 2015
This is garbage. I thought I would save a few quid over the FOSCAM, and I've just ended up pulling my hair out. I think the manual was written by a poorly educated person from the country of manufacter and then it was then translated into English with a beta copy of Google translate. I've worked in networks etc for 20 years and it made no sense to me. This poor standard also applies to the software, it's junk. When I finally got it working wirelessly the picture is also rubbish. The connector is far too large to drill a hole and install through an outside wall. So... do not buy one of these, by a decent brand.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know when kids are running a forum and have to run down everyone else's gear to make theirs seem great. This is one of the most childish forums I've ever experienced, with the name calling and personal attacks. And, calling people "stupid" etc. How childish. It's like kindergarten, only not as mature.

Most knowledgeable people are of the opinion that Windows 10 sux and advise people to stay away from it.

Oh, and for your "professionals" your woopty-do re-branded Chinese mass-produced mix-n-match cameras won't "protect you" from anything. FYI.
These "kids" running a forum have 20k+ members in just over two years. You simply have NO clue about windows 10. Really. Its fantastic.
Not sure what cameras your talking about. I have installed a large variety of ip cameras.
Cameras dont protect you. The fact that you believe they do, points to your inexperience, yet again. You have wasted your money on CRAP acti and sricam cameras. You really have no clue about the field of IP surveillance cameras. Please stop misleading others. It is evident that you are a complete amateur.
PS. Do you want to know the secret? Why this forum is so popular and is the MOST active IP camera forum on the internet? Its simple. We allow users to point out morons like you. Folks like you are a danger to others. You cause them to waste money. Users find it refreshing to see honest feedback.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you can't tell the truth -- and you obviously can not -- why would anyone believe you one bit about anything you say? Don't tell me again, you or squireman, that I recommended any camera. That is a bold faced lie. Stop lying. That would be a good starting point on the way to maturity.
I've said it before. Recommendation by implication. You don't need to use the words "recommended".

I have an off-brand Chinese camera that I got for really cheap and it has a great picture, and is fun to experiment with.
Well here is a Sricam video capture which is the same as your off-brand Chinese camera.

Endorsing the above as having a great picture is a sign of lunacy or blindness.

My cameras are better than yours.
I think you'll find the only immature person here is you and your attempt at condescension. I'm simply stating facts to help others. I don't have the need to attack people personally or put people down to make myself feel better.

I'm out of this thread so you are just replying to yourself with your ever so witty replies and about how you are more mature than everyone here. I would add you to my ignore list except I feel it is my duty to warn people when you implicitly endorse Sricam or similar other rubbish, a trap I fell for before I knew anything about decent cameras.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There's a whole thread where you rant on about how your Zlink is a rebranded Sricam and other rubbish. The video is in focus for bits of it, decent cameras don't take that long to auto-focus and when in focus it's shockingly bad. There's lots of similar Sricam videos, are all the people posting those videos lying and saying it's a Sricam in a conspiracy. I can't see how linking a video for other people to see makes me dishonest.

I'm only replying because you are calling me a criminal - a perpetrator of a crime. I'm not a criminal or a liar. You should stop with such personal attacks if you want to be a valuable member of this community. Otherwise, go away you disgusting TROLL and be ashamed of yourself hiding behind a PC monitor and making such horrible remarks.

Bye!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
P.S. Editing your posts after someone else has replied to change what you've said is a classic Uber.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good god soon you'll be recommending one of those wireless alarm systems from china where every sensor has a 3 foot telescoping antenna.

Gotta love the FAKE microsoft badge on the image above.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I must assume that you guys who simply can't engage honest intellectual discussion must have some interest in pushing certain bootleg Chinese products over the others.

Otherwise, just too dense to understand that pointing out that a lot of the junk you're pushing is made on the exact same assembly line as the junk you dis.

For any honest enthusiasts who may happen to drop in here, perhaps by mistake or bad luck, I haven't recommended anything. What do some few of you guys here have against honesty?

Oh, never mind. Just noticed you're a complete n00b. I'll just disregard your comment as completely uninformed.
You keep on Stop lying. This forum does not "push" any bootleg cameras. Hikvision US region and dahua cameras are NOT bootleg. Sricam is NOT made on the same assembly line as hikvision/dahua- another outright LIE. You also completely ignore quality of parts and FIRMWARE. FIRMWARE is the MOST important part of an ip camera. Furthermore, you are the noob with ZERO experience and obliviously inept. STOP misleading users. I have seen your type over the years. Its simple, you bought crap and now have a burning desire to justify it.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Otherwise, just too dense to understand that pointing out that a lot of the junk you're pushing is made on the exact same assembly line as the junk you dis.

For any honest enthusiasts who may happen to drop in here, perhaps by mistake or bad luck, I haven't recommended anything. What do some few of you guys here have against honesty?

Oh, never mind. Just noticed you're a complete n00b. I'll just disregard your comment as completely uninformed.
If I could afford / justify it I'd love to buy all Bosch/Axis/Panasonic. This forum is more focused on helping home owners with their installs than professional integrators peening over who sold somebody the most expensive camera / installed the most expensive camera at their house that week. There are people here who have installed thousands of cameras and graciously help the rest of us, admittedly I'm not one of them. I do know a lot about electronics, networking, programming, and optics. Hikvison and Dahua represent pretty good quality and a good price point and that's the only reason they're talked about so much here.

On goods from china there's certainly a wide quality range on both the hardware and software front. Other pan-asian countries arguably have a smaller quality range. To me any camera with an antenna that big just looks hysterically ridiculous. After seeing it I couldn't help think of some equally ridiculous alarms I've seen on ali/ebay.

Cameras that use the same image sensor can have similar performance, but they also have very different firmware, optics, and IR.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Everyone please ignore this complete troll. All he does is argue different points and go back to old posts and edit them to make it look like he was right. All this does is discredit his argument. Originally his Zlink was made by Sricam, then it wasn't, then it was and now isn't again (oh is again in the last post, jeez), this will keep changing if you keep arguing with him. He just wants to argue on here to make himself feel better and will ignore any valid points you or I make.

There is a reason a lot of us recommend specific Hikvision and Dahua models (even when we no longer like the brand... e.g. me and Hikvision!) and we are willing to back this up by helping others who have issues with them.

Bottom line: The Zilink I have -- which appears to us same hardware as a Sricam -- has a great picture for a 720p camera.
Another classic example of you editing your posts to change your argument.

Sricam should never be used for security unless you are not taking security seriously. They are fine for a dog camera if you want to spend hours trying to setup but there are better options available. Adding the caveat for a 720p camera makes no difference. It's rubbish, the picture is rubbish too. Stop endorsing it because you made a bad purchase and want to justify it. There's a reason no-one with credibility here has come and backed you up. You're wrong and the disgusting way you are acting proves to others how wrong you are.

Hobby - noun - an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation. Well if unnecessarily arguing and acting like a disgusting idiot is relaxing and pleasurable, then you are indeed a HOBBYIST.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sricam is made on the same assembly line as the other brands I pictured above, along with numerous others that I didn't picture. Some of the Sricam offerings are identical to the Foscam, made using the same hardware.

Hickvision makes some high-end cameras, and some pure junk for n00bs who don't know the difference but buy on name alone. Same with Dahua. The forum is filled with complaints about users buying brands/models of cameras recommended here and having nothing but trouble, or getting different hardware/firmware than the model number specs.

As for the firmware on low-end cameras, the majority of the re-branded Chinese cameras will function on a small set of firmware/camera client/embedded software. Sometimes they can function without modification to either. Other times, the only difference is a change to one bit burned into the main board.

Bottom line: The Zilink I have -- which appears to us same hardware as a Sricam -- has a great picture for a 720p camera.
You have no idea what you are talking about. You are assuming they are made on the same line. Stop making crap up. Further more all those brands are COMPLETE JUNK.
Hikvision makes fantastic cameras. Even their cheap cameras are supeb - adequate lighting is required for higher res cameras. I have hundreds in service. Other members here have thousands in service. Failure rates are EXTREMELY low (I personally have a zero fail rate on hundreds of hiks) You simply fail to READ the form. If you had you would see that the complaints are mostly users who buy hacked china region cameras and try to install US region firmware. Furthermore this is a support forum and most users here run hikvision and dahua so of course there will be support related threads. Go look at the foscam forum. Are you surprised there are folks complaining there? What an idiot.
Your comment on firmware again (for the tenth time) points to your inexperience in this field. The firmware is UNSTABLE. That is the point.
Once again your naivete and inexperience shines through your post.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Then why is there a need in the Hickvision section for these "Sticky Guides":

Solving some NFS issues on Hikvision cameras
Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English
HIKVISION mtd Brick Recovery Guide
Hikvision 5.2.5 & 5.2.8 Full English (INC DAYS OF WEEK) mtd Hack
Hikvision 5.1.2 Firmware - All in Chinese, how to fix video
How to hack 5.1.2 firmware on China region cameras to English

And these are the current top Hickvision problems:
Black spot in center of camera
DS-2CD2632F-IS jittery video

Doesn't sound exactly like the be-all, end-all camera. Sounds like Hickvision cameras have lots of problems. Mostly related to low-end offerings sold under the high-end label, where nobody knows really what they're actually getting even when buying the same model number but with Chinese-market firmware, unbeknownst to the n00bs.
Wow again proving your idiocy. Your reasoning ability is on a 3rd grade level if that.
Every issue but one on the top list is related to hacked firmware. You deliberately posted that in an attempt to mislead others. What a disgusting liar you are. YUK.
The NFS issue does not affect cameras recording to NVR or third party vms. The camera itself is ROCK solid.
As far as the two bottom post, yes there is one defective camera. It happens when they sell millions of cameras. This board is filled with users who collectively have at least 100k+ of the hikvision cams. The jittery video has not been diagnosed yet.
Go to any forum that supports ANY device and you will find issues, that is what a support forum is designed for.
Once again you prove that you are an inept novice.
It is important to note that SRICAM is utter garbage.

Again you are deliberately misleading end users like the liar you are. Anything you post on this or any other forum cannot and should not be trusted.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then why is there a need in the Hickvision section for these "Sticky Guides":
that mainly has to do with hikvison cracking down on chinese region cameras being sold overseas. You can buy from a US supplier and not have to worry about any of that, or you can buy Dahua. If you don't attempt to update the software you can also avoid these issues.

There are some other brands with some surprisingly good cams like Longsee's 1/1.8 models, they spam the shit out of anybody who contacts them and the firmware is lacking, but all things considered it's a pretty good image.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure why you're recommending cameras, or, who to, but I don't need recommendations on cameras. I research thoroughly before purchasing anything, and certainly would not rely on your recommendation based on your knee-jerk replies above.

As for Hickvision, products, you're just exemplifying the problem I elucidated. Newbies buy cheap and knock-off Hickvision cameras based on reviews of high-end Hickvision products purchased from authorized US retailers. Then find out, they got one with all Chinese language, or their firmware doesn't match what they've read about (with the high-end products). With the cameras not performing as expected, they launch out on a search to make their cheap knock-offs function like the high-end stuff and brick their camera or make it non-functional.

While these problems are may be surmountable by advanced, knowledgeable "experts," they create more problems than they're worth for the "average" homeowner who wants a cheap security camera -- but has been mislead. This is a bigger problem for the average user than if they were to just buy Foscam, where they can at least get support and return their purchase (if needed) without it costing more for return shipping than the price of the original purchase.

Now, don't make up crap and say I'm recommending Foscam. I'm not; just showing you why your argument doesn't hold water.
You do not research anything you liar or you would never have purchased Sricam garbage. Most folks buying the china cams know what they are buying. Buying US region cameras avoids that problem. Anyone doing a quick google search will learn this in 5 minuets.

Again you show your inexperience and knowledge. You mention foscam (aside from the fact that they are junk) do you know that foscam.us who was in the past primary distributor of foscam cameras in the US has now stopped selling foscams via their website and now redirects to their new business venture "Amcrest" The support forum is gone. Users on this forum are reporting that when asking for warranty support they are being told that it will not be provided? How is that better then buying a US region hikvision with a 3 year warranty.

To say dont buy hikvision because folks buying china hacked cameras then updating firmware and bricking cameras is ridiculous. Just by a US region camera. Problem solved.
The average home owner is better off with a hikvision or dahua camera from a US seller who will provide support. STOP LYING its disgusting.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure why you're recommending cameras, or, who to, but I don't need recommendations on cameras. I research thoroughly before purchasing anything, and certainly would not rely on your recommendation based on your knee-jerk replies above.

As for Hickvision products, you're just exemplifying the problem I elucidated. Newbies buy cheap and knock-off Hickvision cameras based on reviews of high-end Hickvision products purchased from authorized US retailers. Then find out, they got one with all Chinese language, or their firmware doesn't match what they've read about (with the high-end products). With the cameras not performing as expected, they launch out on a search to make their cheap knock-offs function like the high-end stuff and brick their camera or make it non-functional. When someone's made a purchase they don't care what excuse is used to justify the screw up (like you tried to do) they just want a product that works as expected.

While these problems are may be surmountable by advanced, knowledgeable "experts," they create more problems than they're worth for the "average" homeowner who wants a cheap security camera -- but has been mislead. This is a bigger problem for the average user than if they were to just buy Foscam, where they can at least get support and return their purchase (if needed) without it costing more for return shipping than the price of the original purchase.

Now, don't make up crap and say I'm recommending Foscam. I'm not; just showing you why your argument doesn't hold water.
I never said you were recommending foscam and I don't think anybody else did if you read carefully. But I will say I think the entire reason there's a foscam section here is to keep people who are singing foscam's praises (and refuse to acknowledge better, often less expensive cameras) from spamming the rest of the forum.

Hikvison's chinese language cams are still good quality, you just have to have a lot of patience and use chrome to translate. The "average" homeowner should just buy rebranded hikvision/dahua gear from costco/sams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that's just funny about you mentioning Foscam as "junk" when they offer re-branded HICKVISION cameras in their lineup! You should do more research on what you call, 'junk'.

Not sure if you're just trolling, to provoke me to call you a liar, or just can't come up with any better response. Oh, but wait, I already said you repeatedly lie about what kind of camera I own, and about me "recommending" such-n-such.

The main point that comes to light in this camera is your reliability and honesty. I'll see if you allow the thread to remain. It is, after all, a very beneficial topic. Sounds like you've been burned A LOT by junk cameras. Guess you're speaking from experience in that regard. You should have done more research.
Foscam has never and does not currently sell rebranded hikvision. Once again proving you have no clue. WOW. Liar is the perfect response when the best complaint about hikvision you can come up with is users of hacked cameras who update firmware have problems. You deliberately mislead folks into thinking US region hikvisions are defective in some way when they are NOT.
I am speaking from my own experience and many users I have supported. Every six months there is a new go to brand that nine times out of 10 ends up being crap. Sricam has been proven to be garbage long ago. This forum was started primary because inept users like you would come to other forums and brag about their sricams/foscams. Other users who posted complaints about the cameras were banned. On this forum if you lie are mention crap cameras you will be called on it.

You need to stop deliberately lying in an attempt to support your false claims. Its disgusting and dishonest.
By now you have probably realized that you cant substantiate your LIE about foscam rebranding hikvision. So go back to your corner and LEARN something instead of lying about your experience and knowledge in this field.