Sricam Onvif - stream visible outside of local network with firewall configuration ?!

optionfree

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought this WiFi IP camera - Sricam SP013.
http://www.gearbest.com/ip-cameras/pp_330650.html

I've downloaded the app from Google Play store and successfully configured it.

What I find super disturbing is, that I can view camera stream from outside of my local network (on 4G or whatever) without me configuring anything on Firewall ?!?!

Does anyone know what is going on? As far as I can see it .. the camera is streaming image to Chine and then I can connect to this Chines server and watch it. I haven't yet gone that far to prove it (I guess Fiddler, Wireshark will do the job).

This means that they have backdoor to our local networks?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Sricam Onvif - stream visible outside of local network with firewall configuratio

I just bought this WiFi IP camera - Sricam SP013.
http://www.gearbest.com/ip-cameras/pp_330650.html

I've downloaded the app from Google Play store and successfully configured it.

What I find super disturbing is, that I can view camera stream from outside of my local network (on 4G or whatever) without me configuring anything on Firewall ?!?!

Does anyone know what is going on? As far as I can see it .. the camera is streaming image to Chine and then I can connect to this Chines server and watch it. I haven't yet gone that far to prove it (I guess Fiddler, Wireshark will do the job).

This means that they have backdoor to our local networks?
Welcome to the forum.
1) Sricam is junk. Stay away.
2) Check your camera and routers upnp settings...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Re: Sricam Onvif - stream visible outside of local network with firewall configuratio

this is using cloud service, no need to forward ports since it makes an oubound connection to a relay.. only thing you can do is firewall the camera off from all internets

and yes, they are backdoors into your networks..

optionfree

n3wb
Reaction score

Super bad. I'll throw this away.