SriCam SP0015 PTZ ONVIF in B.I. Not Working

Reaction score
I installed a new SriCam SP015 under my Full Version of Blue Iris. When Searching and Identifying the camera it only sets it up under Generic with ONVIF protocal. This is fine, camera shows good, however I cannot use the PTZ option to move the camera nor can I set up any kind of Presets or Patrol. Everything else, motion detection, alerts, and recording work fine. Any suggestions on what to try to get the PTZ functions to work under the ONVIF set up?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I installed a new SriCam SP015 under my Full Version of Blue Iris. When Searching and Identifying the camera it only sets it up under Generic with ONVIF protocal. This is fine, camera shows good, however I cannot use the PTZ option to move the camera nor can I set up any kind of Presets or Patrol. Everything else, motion detection, alerts, and recording work fine. Any suggestions on what to try to get the PTZ functions to work under the ONVIF set up?
1) avoid sricam they are bottom barrel junk...return if possible.
2) try the sricam option in the PTZ dropdown

Reaction score
1) avoid sricam they are bottom barrel junk...return if possible.
2) try the sricam option in the PTZ dropdown
Thank You, I've tried the SriCam option several times with the appropriate sub model and it always reverts automatically to the Generic ONVIF mode under port 5000. I have another SriCam earlier model which has been running fine for four years, no problems.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank You, I've tried the SriCam option several times with the appropriate sub model and it always reverts automatically to the Generic ONVIF mode under port 5000. I have another SriCam earlier model which has been running fine for four years, no problems.
It reverts only if you select find inspect after...dont do that...
Sricam is crap and should be avoided at all costs...instead of this junk 720p pt - this camera has no zoom...you should install a fixed 1080p camera like a dahua starlight and get a much better image 24/7...this camera provides a crappy image (720p with a 1/4 sensor) and worse firmware and stability..you can be foolish and keep buying this crap...I have and will always note that sricam is garbage whenever it is mentions to help others avoid it.

Reaction score
It reverts only if you select find inspect after...dont do that...
Sricam is crap and should be avoided at all costs...instead of this junk 720p pt - this camera has no zoom...you should install a fixed 1080p camera like a dahua starlight and get a much better image 24/7...this camera provides a crappy image (720p with a 1/4 sensor) and worse firmware and stability..you can be foolish and keep buying this crap...I have and will always note that sricam is garbage whenever it is mentions to help others avoid it.
A fixed camera does not serve my purpose. I appreciate the thoughts on the sricam, i've read many, I was just trying to get a little help with my problem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A fixed camera does not serve my purpose. I appreciate the thoughts on the sricam, i've read many, I was just trying to get a little help with my problem.
You could cover almost as much are with a higher pixel per foot count with a 1080p fixed camera as your camera has no zoom...the sricam is not suitable for surveillance or for that matter any other task..