SriCam SP007 WiFi No Password

Lanza22

n3wb
Reaction score
Good Morning,
i have an SriCam SP007 and it connects perfekt to an encrypted WiFi.
Now i want to change it to connect to the WiFi of the Residencial Complex. The WiFi is open and has no Password. When i select the Network the Cam want's to have a Password. The WiFi has no Password.
What can i do?

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
... add a bit of security setting a password for the Residential network ? ;-)

Lanza22

n3wb
Reaction score
it is an open Network with Hotspot Router. About 50 active Users with 5 Ubiquiti Rocket Antennas.
Must be open for new Customers....

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well may be you can access the camera thru Telnet and change the wpa_supplicant config file yourself with empty password, or if it is only a javascript check you can spoof the HTTP POST and push an empty password value

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well may be you can access the camera thru Telnet and change the wpa_supplicant config file yourself with empty password, or if it is only a javascript check you can spoof the HTTP POST and push an empty password value
Well, there is an alternative, apart from waiting for flying pigs, and that's to deal with the problem at source, as has been suggested on here quite a few times.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, there is an alternative, apart from waiting for flying pigs, and that's to deal with the problem at source, as has been suggested on here quite a few times.
Which will probably do not answer its question...