SRICAM SP008 - Blue Iris No Signal Timeout Issue? Error 8000274c

dvseliteus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am having an issue with My SRICAM008.
I set everything up in Blue Iris and I am able to see the live feed but after 10-15 mins it goes to no signal?
If I unplug the camera and plug it back in the same this occurs; I am able to see the live feed but after 10-15 mins it goes to no signal?
Has anyone had this issue? Here are my settings:
SRI-Settings.JPG
I have an SRI AP003 running stable with no issues.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am having an issue with My SRICAM008.
I set everything up in Blue Iris and I am able to see the live feed but after 10-15 mins it goes to no signal?
If I unplug the camera and plug it back in the same this occurs; I am able to see the live feed but after 10-15 mins it goes to no signal?
Has anyone had this issue? Here are my settings:
View attachment 8058
I have an SRI AP003 running stable with no issues.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.
First, make sure the camera is simply disconnecting from the network or stopping the stream. Sricam is junk and tends to do that.
set the receive buffer to 20mb. Looks like you are using blue iris v3, make sure you are running the latest 3.66. Also try using the sricam profile instead of the onvif.

dvseliteus

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman for the help!
I am indeed running Blue Iris V3.66.
I have set the receive buffer to 20mb.
I get 2 options for the SRICAMS
SRI Selection.JPG
I tried both setting and they give me a no signal error 8000274d.
No Signal.JPG
I have had no issues with the AP SRICAMS but this SP Onvif Cam sucks bigtime!
Here is proof that is actually works with the settings previously posted. I went outside and unplugged it and then powered it up again.
Working.JPG
So it does work but the camera appears to go down after 10-15 mins :mad-new:
I am wondering if there is anything that can be done. SRI support is on holiday for Chinese New Year so I am SOL for a while.
Thanks for the help if anyone knows any tricks to get these SP SRI's working it would be awesome.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman for the help!
I am indeed running Blue Iris V3.66.
I have set the receive buffer to 20mb.
I get 2 options for the SRICAMS
View attachment 8069
I tried both setting and they give me a no signal error 8000274d.
View attachment 8070
I have had no issues with the AP SRICAMS but this SP Onvif Cam sucks bigtime!
Here is proof that is actually works with the settings previously posted. I went outside and unplugged it and then powered it up again.
View attachment 8071
So it does work but the camera appears to go down after 10-15 mins :mad-new:
I am wondering if there is anything that can be done. SRI support is on holiday for Chinese New Year so I am SOL for a while.
Thanks for the help if anyone knows any tricks to get these SP SRI's working it would be awesome.
See this thread https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4099-How-to-add-camera-to-BI-that-is-not-in-the-drop-down-list

dvseliteus

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again!
This link was very helpful and I reallyl ike the ONVIF Device Manager.
It looks like I was right with the /onvif1 and it revealed it also runs on port 554.
So far so good let's see how long it stays up.

dvseliteus

n3wb
Reaction score
Well... It actually stayed live for a whole 3 hours and then cut to the no signal error again :-(
I guess I'll just have to wait for support to come back online and see if it's firmware issue or something like that.
Thanks for your help the http://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/ is a great tool!

crisnnik

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again!
This link was very helpful and I reallyl ike the ONVIF Device Manager.
It looks like I was right with the /onvif1 and it revealed it also runs on port 554.
So far so good let's see how long it stays up.
I agree that everything in here was super helpful at getting my SP008 up and running. Vide is up and stable. No PTZ or Zoom/Focus functions however. Were you able to get yours working??

Crisnnik

dvseliteus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Crisnnik,
Nope...
I was never able to get a stable connection. It always cut out. I have come to the conclusion that SRI products are POS.
I'll stick with Foscams as the ones I own have been bulletproof over the years. For the time I messed with the SRI Cam trying to get it to work the foscam is worth the extra cost.
Good luck on yours and you can always Skype SRI tech support for help with the PTZ controls.

crisnnik

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the update - I was surprised to see my SP008 working so well to be honest, after all of the horror stories I have read about the SRI units. The video has been flawless on mine, no cutouts, but I did replace the included antenna with a -9.5dbi one that I had from a different project. It made a difference. My biggest frustration is the PTZ functions. I installed iSpy as a test, and both video as well as PTZ work flawlessly in iSpy. I hardly had to do a thing to make it work either! iSpy has it as "Model ::ONVIF" using the default port of 80 on the PTZ tab. I am not near experienced enough to try and figure out why it works here, and modify Blue Iris to make it work. I will keep plugging along...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update - I was surprised to see my SP008 working so well to be honest, after all of the horror stories I have read about the SRI units. The video has been flawless on mine, no cutouts, but I did replace the included antenna with a -9.5dbi one that I had from a different project. It made a difference. My biggest frustration is the PTZ functions. I installed iSpy as a test, and both video as well as PTZ work flawlessly in iSpy. I hardly had to do a thing to make it work either! iSpy has it as "Model ::ONVIF" using the default port of 80 on the PTZ tab. I am not near experienced enough to try and figure out why it works here, and modify Blue Iris to make it work. I will keep plugging along...
Blue iris supports onvif...you need to use find inspec and in the ptz tab select oxml.

crisnnik

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue iris supports onvif...you need to use find inspec and in the ptz tab select oxml.
This is what I get when I do Find/Inspect. The second & third pics show what the DeviceViewer program shows. I also tried changing the port to 14178 in both tabs (video and PTZ) and nothing. I do have "OXML" selected as you have suggested. Thank you for your reply.

Attachments

crisnnik

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Zilink PTZ camera which looks similar to some Sricam models. May or may not be.

I got my Zilink to work in BI by changing the Discovery/ONVIF Port to match what is shown in ONVIF Device Manager and the cameras web page. Which, in my case, the ONVIF Discovery port turned out to be 2000 (not 80, which is the video port).

View attachment 11293View attachment 11294
Thank you - you mentioned ODM again, so I ran it another time and looked closer. In there it says onvif version unknown. I missed the url on the information tab previously. In there I noticed :5000. Other than in there, I have seen no reference to that port anywhere. Made the changes, clicked Inspect, and IT WORKS NOW!! Thanks to all of you for keeping me on the path to getting these running perfectly!

crisnnik

n3wb
Reaction score
Great! Glad to hear you got it working...

Curious, does manual focus work with your camera in BI?
Nope, no focus at all; and this thing also does not support optical zoom. Name of camera is misleading, but for my needs it will work just fine...

Chris

crisnnik

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an update - I too eventually had issues with NO SIGNAL/TIMEOUT, quite often on wireless, still there, but less often when wired. I played around, and finally tried disabling "Send RTSP Keep-Alives" and "Use RTSP/stream Timecode", and the camera NEVER disconnects anymore. Started running solid after that, 4 weeks running now. As a precautionary backup, I also set an auto-reconnect in the Watchdog Tab for 60 minutes to be safe, even though prior to that change, the first two seemed to take care of everything.

camjim

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you - you mentioned ODM again, so I ran it another time and looked closer. In there it says onvif version unknown. I missed the url on the information tab previously. In there I noticed :5000. Other than in there, I have seen no reference to that port anywhere. Made the changes, clicked Inspect, and IT WORKS NOW!! Thanks to all of you for keeping me on the path to getting these running perfectly!
Hi Crisnnik, I know it has been a little while since you posted this but I was wondering if you actually got the PTZ and other functions working for your Sricam SP008 on Blue Iris Software and if you did was it all under ONVIF? Please let me know if you see this post because I have one that I will be setting up myself.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Crisnnik, I know it has been a little while since you posted this but I was wondering if you actually got the PTZ and other functions working for your Sricam SP008 on Blue Iris Software and if you did was it all under ONVIF? Please let me know if you see this post because I have one that I will be setting up myself.
if you can, return the sricam, its complete garbage.

crisnnik

n3wb
Reaction score
I did, and I have no issues with it at all. For the money, it serves fine to simply monitor the chickens in the run. I wouldn't use it for anything where I needed the best image ort reliability. It's the only one I have of this model. In order to get it to function, I used the following settings. Not sure if they ALL matter, but this is how it was once the errors stopped...
SRICAM's (SP008):
http port 80
rtsp port 554
Onvif Disc Port - 5000
UNCHECK "Send RTSP Keep-Alives"
UNCHECK "Use RTSP/Stream Timecode"
Set Watchdog Periodic Reconnect for 30 mins.
PTZ "Network IP - ONVIF(OXML)

camjim

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Yeah I agree, I have a similar application where I don't want an expensive camera. I do have a couple of expensive cameras mixed with a couple of inexpensive Sricam AP004 cameras. The expensive ones have required service on a couple of occasions for PTZ motor issues and the cheap Sricam AP004 cameras have just done their job without any issues for the past three years. And picture quality is about the same on both types. Go figure.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Yeah I agree, I have a similar application where I don't want an expensive camera. I do have a couple of expensive cameras mixed with a couple of inexpensive Sricam AP004 cameras. The expensive ones have required service on a couple of occasions for PTZ motor issues and the cheap Sricam AP004 cameras have just done their job without any issues for the past three years. And picture quality is about the same on both types. Go figure.
what "expensive" cameras are you using?