Sricam SP009A

Phillyn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a Newby to this group so thanks for accepting me. I'm also a newby to IR cameras. I have just purchased a Sricam SP009A which I have managed to set up ok. The only thing that is confusing me is, when I set the camera to record when motion is detected, via the app on my phone, and for it to send an alert. The trouble is I get an alert every 5 seconds even though there has been no movement to set the camera into record mode. Anybody have any ideas why this is happening. I am using the sricam app. Thanks for any help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I get an alert every 5 seconds even though there has been no movement to set the camera into record mode
There probably has been - it does not take a lot, raindrops, butterflies, shadows changing, birds etc.
And the camera motion detection sensitivity may be too high.

Phillyn

n3wb
Reaction score
There probably has been - it does not take a lot, raindrops, butterflies, shadows changing, birds etc.
And the camera motion detection sensitivity may be too high.
Indoor camera. Detection set mid way, but have set it to maximum and still get the same response. Nothing nearby to set it off.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely shows as motion alert.
understand you camera has no motion detection...it had pixel change detection....a lighting change or any pixel color change can set it off...
also sricam is bottom barrel garbage...avoid and return if you can.

Phillyn

n3wb
Reaction score
understand you camera has no motion detection...it had pixel change detection....a lighting change or any pixel color change can set it off...
also sricam is bottom barrel garbage...avoid and return if you can.
Thank you. Will stick with it as it was a gift. I'll just turn off alerts and check in at regular intervals. At least it does record when detecting any movement which I can watch via my phone. Thanks everyone.

Phillyn

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for all of your replies, much appreciated. After a little bit of playing around with the positioning on the camera I think I have cured the problem. Cheers.

johnsjets

n3wb
Reaction score
A little late jumping in, but
If motion sensing is important to you, then you might want to invest in third party software that can handle this area much better than the native software that came with the cam. With that said, be aware that it will probably cost you more than what the cam itself is worth. Much of the criticism that I have read on these threads directed at certain hardware, really should be directed at the canned software. The better cams (i.e., more expensive), will usually come with feature rich robust software with excellent performance right out of the box. Cams under the $200 range usd, will generally not come equipped with sophisticated software.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A little late jumping in, but
If motion sensing is important to you, then you might want to invest in third party software that can handle this area much better than the native software that came with the cam. With that said, be aware that it will probably cost you more than what the cam itself is worth. Much of the criticism that I have read on these threads directed at certain hardware, really should be directed at the canned software. The better cams (i.e., more expensive), will usually come with feature rich robust software with excellent performance right out of the box. Cams under the $200 range usd, will generally not come equipped with sophisticated software.
No, the hardware is subpar garbage...
as far as software, Blue iris is superb and will run you 60 dollars. You will not get "sophisticated" software even if you spend 200 on a camera.