Starlights and illumination

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Question, in looking at reviews of specifically the 2MP Starlight cameras they produce some great nighttime lights out images. A big thanks to @nayr for your efforts and the information and guidance you offer up. A question concerning illumination, are any of you folks using additional IR or LED illumination mounted adjacent to your cameras or just tweaking your camera settings and using the onboard IR illumination in the cameras ? If so, please post some examples with and without the added illumination.

Many thanks !

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Once you adjust the settings for your location, they can see really well in low light.

I'm just about to get some Turrets so will have the ability to compare the 4mp non-starlight turrets to the starlight ones.

But this is my starlight bullet without any extra IR apart from it's own:

The very back of the garden is about 30m (99ft) from the camera.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Once you adjust the settings for your location, they can see really well in low light.

I'm just about to get some Turrets so will have the ability to compare the 4mp non-starlight turrets to the starlight ones.

But this is my starlight bullet without any extra IR apart from it's own:

The very back of the garden is about 30m (99ft) from the camera.
@beingaware Thanks for sharing. It looks like you're having alot of fun out there in the dark. :)