Reaction score
Hi,

I've a new setup with the following HIKVISION components:

NVR:
DS-7608NI-E2/8P

Cameras:
DS-2CD2135F-IS
DS-2CD2342-I

I've been being these in, writing the confines of my spare room, but starting to move them into their preeminent location.

The done camera is sitting next to the front door, and is using the vendors mount.

This was setup for testing with a cable running through the letter box.

Here are some sample pictures, at different times of the day. These were taken on my phone, using iVMS-4500.

My concern is that I have an outside light at the front door which is dusk-2-dawn.

Once they're cabled up I'll play with them a bit more, but can anyone see any major issues with this set up?

Paul

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
That's an adequate cam for the doorway (as labeled) but not for the driveway. That's a crappy picture of you behind the car at night. Also, that trellis/pillar is mostly blocking the best view of where a car prowler's face would most likely be unless the car gets parked back a bit farther or maybe nose in. Is there a place to mount another cam right behind the rear bumper somewhere? A 6mm turret at roughly 2m high mounted 3-5m behind the car as parked would give lots of pixels on a jerk's face where your car is and daytime plates of anything pulling in the driveway within roughly 15m. An external IR illuminator for the driveway cam would help a lot at night as well.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, it's just for the door, but I will try to move it slightly to avoid the flare from the outside light.

I got the driveway cam up on the wall today, here is a screen shot from the iVMS on my phone.

I might need to move this slightly to the left, to avoid the IR splash on the wall to the right.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah keep pushing it left til the gutter is right on the edge of the frame, your wall's not going anywhere and thats screwing up your exposure.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Installing is VERY time consuming and tedious work. Looks like you are a detail person, keep tweaking..you will get it perfect..um until next week and every week after that. LOL its a good hobby and FUN to boot. Looks like you have a nice install going on..and nice work. More pics for us junky's . thanks for sharing

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
i never like domes on there sides tbh, dust and particles settle too easily on them, looks like you could have mounted on the ceiling in the corner just above the front door current location this would definitely help with minimizing dust collecting on the dome and also it helps to make the camera less aggressive looking to strangers approaching the door, to me its also more of a professional looking install, are you going to use tube conduit to the wall mount ??

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I wasn't planning on using conduit, as I didn't want it looking too industrial. As for moving the Cam, I was slightly lazy here as I have no idea what's above the ceiling and didn't want to start hacking it about.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk