Start of recording missing in case of alarm

choppi

n3wb
Reaction score
I use 2x Hikvision DS-2CD2T85FWD-I5 on a Synology NAS with Surveillance Station.

I'm actually very happy with the setup, just one problem.
Whenever an alarm happens, I miss the first seconds in the recording. This usually means that I can no longer see the reason for the alarm. Can you tell me how I can set it better?

Even in the preview in the DS Cam App I can see a picture of the reason of the alarm. But it's always missing in the recording.

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't say for sure as I have not used Synology but I suspect the following may help. Install a 16/32GB micro SD-card in each camera and set them to continuously record. Configure Motion/Alarm in Scheduled Settings to 24/7 and click Advanced.
1575847605866.png
Set Pre-record and Post-record to 10s.
1575847737334.png
Make sure the event has Linkage Method set to Notify the Surveillance Center and upload to FTP/SD/NAS + trigger recording ticked.
1575848156836.png
Not sure if that will resolve your issue but I suspect the onboard storage is the key.

choppi

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks for your reply and help! I've configured the cameras like you have suggested. We will see :) I will test now....

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Two things to check. You don't state whether you are recording alarm/motion events only or whether you are recording on a timed schedule and also using alarm/motion for notification of events. If the latter you should ensure that the pre record is set to zero seconds in Record Schedule > Advanced to prevent the camera backing up the previous 10 seconds that it has already recorded as scheduled.

Also is the time synchronised properly as a difference between camera, NAS and PC time can cause this sort of issue. Ensure all use the same NTP server.

choppi

n3wb
Reaction score
Two things to check. You don't state whether you are recording alarm/motion events only or whether you are recording on a timed schedule and also using alarm/motion for notification of events. If the latter you should ensure that the pre record is set to zero seconds in Record Schedule > Advanced to prevent the camera backing up the previous 10 seconds that it has already recorded as scheduled.

Also is the time synchronised properly as a difference between camera, NAS and PC time can cause this sort of issue. Ensure all use the same NTP server.
Hi John,
I use the recording based on events. So I have set backup on for previous and next 10 seconds.

I will check synchronised time. Thank you!