Steak salesman

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
This is an amusing clip of of a steak salesman coming to my door cold calling- I don't know who this is and I don't order steaks from a pickup truck! Now, I shouldn't feel bad for the guy, but I kinda do because he really thought I was looking at him and just blew him off. But flipping me the bird wasn't good business on his part. I'm sure it felt good after the walk of shame with nothing, but it still wasn't good business. I grabbed the phone number off the truck, but it was more funny than something I'd ever follow up on....for now.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would have flipped you the bird for not answering the door also, but not as I was driving away, LOL

bombo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And why do door to door sales always have to walk on the grass. smh!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol nice, I bet he gets a lot of business giving the middle finger to potential clients.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd definitely call the company and report this guy--I wouldn't want this guy ruining business for me if I was the business owner. About the grass...notice how when you're a potential customer, he doesn't walk on the grass, but after you don't answer the door, he's not as courteous. In contrast to Vector18, now that I'm wired and can see who's at my door, I never answer for solicitors of any type. Flipping the bird says a lot about a person in this situation and unfortunately seems to be more prevalent in this age of the dumbing down and entitlement attitude of the younger "Woe is me" generation.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd definitely call the company and report this guy--I wouldn't want this guy ruining business for me if I was the business owner. About the grass...notice how when you're a potential customer, he doesn't walk on the grass, but after you don't answer the door, he's not as courteous. In contrast to Vector18, now that I'm wired and can see who's at my door, I never answer for solicitors of any type. Flipping the bird says a lot about a person in this situation and unfortunately seems to be more prevalent in this age of the dumbing down and entitlement attitude of the younger "Woe is me" generation.

What do you have wired up to cover your door?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just meant now that I have cameras that can monitor who's coming to the front door--I don't answer the door for solicitors. For now I use Logitech cams, but over time I'll be upgrading after seeing the great quality of some of cams used on this site.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I just meant now that I have cameras that can monitor who's coming to the front door--I don't answer the door for solicitors. For now I use Logitech cams, but over time I'll be upgrading after seeing the great quality of some of cams used on this site.
Yeah man, I started with foscrap, and then got the hik verifocal bullet, never looked back, got my second bullet on the way should be here thursday, 4mm, gonna see if I like the fixed focus at all, if not, I shall buy more verifocals from the network camera critic's daughter for $40 less than nelly with free shipping in the US.

dalepa

Reaction score
Yeah man, I started with foscrap, and then got the hik verifocal bullet, never looked back, got my second bullet on the way should be here thursday, 4mm, gonna see if I like the fixed focus at all, if not, I shall buy more verifocals from the network camera critic's daughter for $40 less than nelly with free shipping in the US.
My new Hik 4320 @2.8 is working like a champ at the front door... covers the whole porch. Sound actually worked pretty good with my 1st solicitor. Now If I can just get my kids to stop answering the door for strangers :( Would love to have a built in screen on the front door showing who's outside... e-peephole!

I enhanced the image via youtube, and also increased the WDR for bright days...

If you watch closely, you can notice the guy stand up straight when he sees the camera...

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm amazed that guy gets any sales at all! As for the steak guy, I thought about calling but eh, I have enough crap to deal with in my life. A tit for tat with a guy selling steaks out of the back of his truck uninterests me. Choose your battles.