Stealing my electric

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Unbelievable!

In hindsight I should have just taken their compressor, I cut the plug off at least

I look a little bit like I drink beer all the time and eat wings 24/7 in the video, I can't imagine why

The fence is currently being extended past the AC and receptacle

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If he would have simply knocked on the door and asked, permission would likely have been granted. That is the problem.
Pizza man needs to have an inline switch to pump 220 volts into that outlet for future offenders.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Correct, I would have been fine with it. I thought about moving it one breaker up to the 30a 220, but I figure the odds of it happening again are slim

They didn't even apologize, they saw nothing wrong with it

Weirdly, the city inspector showed up the next day... I don't know who called. Maybe someone they annoyed the day before? Perhaps they were stealing electric?

"
Observed new plumbing drain line being installed. Ordered
stop work until permits are obtained. A Hold placed on Plumbing.
1st Notice. Photos obtained.
"

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All of my outdoor outlets are tied to a single separate circuit breaker (GFI). My solution would have been to turn that circuit breaker off. Admittedly, your solution sent a stronger, permanent message.

If stealing electricity becomes the next wave of theft, then I guess lockable covers on outdoor outlets will be the new security device needed to thwart them.

Similar theft waves happened with cars in the '70s when they began stealing batteries, then gasoline, then radios, then wheels, and the whole car itself. A whole industry of security devices was born as a result. We now have lockable hoods, lockable gas caps, radio codes, alarms and immobilizers as standard equipment.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We now have lockable hoods, lockable gas caps, radio codes, alarms and immobilizers as standard equipment.
And lockable truck tailgates and even retrofit devices for the tailgates of older trucks that didn't have them from the factory!

Also spiral-like coils that you put down the gas tank's filler neck to prevent from the insertion of siphon hoses...they wreaked havoc with the anti-siphon filler spouts at gas station dispensers in California! :cool:

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
They already looks suspect, so I had the camera feed up already, that's how I got there so fast

I'm no lawyer, but according to TX law if someone trespasses and then commits or attempts to commit Robbery/Burglary then deadly force is justifiable, and a Burglary Occurs When someone enters Without Consent Of The Owner Or Remains Concealed In Any Portion Of A Building

For purposes of determining if a burglary has occurred, Texas law provides, a person enters a building or habitation when: Any Part Of Their Body Any Physical Object Connected To Their Body Intrudes Into A Building Or Habitation

So I guess the question here is, does the prongs in their plug "enter" my building? That's for deadly force, not merely cutting off the plug. So I think I'd be well and truly in the clear

But, maybe I'm a crappy fake lawyer :rofl:

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I guess the question here is, does the prongs in their plug "enter" my building? That's for deadly force, not merely cutting off the plug. So I think I'd be well and truly in the clear

But, maybe I'm a crappy fake lawyer
Yeah I think you might struggle with that justification if you shot him.

Might be worth investing in some legal insurance though.

Because you know what they say about the man who represents himself.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I've thought about that in the past, but I'm not shooting people nearly often enough to justify that. If I were in a more hostile state I would for sure

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hell, I would have had him on the ground making his face look like a pizza.
PS. ^^^^ just a dream, only if was younger.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk