Stitching multiple cameras together into Pano?

Clegg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey there, I was curious if there is a setting in BI I am missing to let me stitch 2 or more cameras together into a panoramic single shot? Guessing there isnt and if there could be it would be CPU intensive... but figure I'd ask if anyone knows how to possibly do that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey there, I was curious if there is a setting in BI I am missing to let me stitch 2 or more cameras together into a panoramic single shot? Guessing there isnt and if there could be it would be CPU intensive... but figure I'd ask if anyone knows how to possibly do that.
It is not possible

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You could sort of hack something together but it would be CPU-intensive and tricky to set up. You won't get any fancy blending this way, but you will get a single stream containing both camera views, with very little border between them.

Step 1) Create a new camera group and put just those two cameras in it.
Step 2) Configure that group's frame size to be an exact fit for the two cameras side by side (see screenshot:2018-06-01 Group Properties)
Step 3) Configure a new camera in BI that pulls a video stream of your new camera group through Blue Iris's own web server. Probably best to pull the .ts stream (see the Web Server section of BI4's help file). The encoding options for this are set in the web server advanced panel, Streaming 0.
Step 4) Create a new "allcameras" group that does not contain the original two cameras, so you don't have to see them individually.