Stolen Motorcycle

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For a few days now there is a motorcycle parked on my street that I've never seen before. I viewed my camera playback and it looks like its a stolen bike and was dumped on my street. I ran the plates and it comes back to a Suzuki and not a Kawasaki (ignore the color in the screenshot below). Also it appears the electrical wires have been messed with. LAPD confirmed it's stolen and towing it right now.

Attachments

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like if it didn't rain they'd get some good prints coupled with the face shots, should be enough to hang the guy.

Looks like he took the ignition cutting it off the main harness, tried to hide it as it would surely look tampered with, the switch and wires all hanging out in plain view.

Screwed his plans for later?

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What service did you use for the plate lookup?

DezertManiac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nighlife yes they are the same, good eye! The image is not soo good because of the special shutter settings, its a PTZ used as a long range LPR (see images below).

@MrSurly I use www.findbyplate.com
What model PTZ? Thats an excellent plate capture, approximate distance from camera to vehicle? Mind sharing settings here? TIA

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What model PTZ? Thats an excellent plate capture, approximate distance from camera to vehicle? Mind sharing settings here? TIA

It is the Dahua model SD5A425XA-HNR.

But keep in mind he is using that as a fixed cam LPR and not using it as a PTZ.

A PTZ cannot function as a normal camera and be able to capture plates like that at night. You have to run fast shutters and all you see is the plate and head/tail lights.

Here is his thread where he talks about it:

DezertManiac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is the Dahua model SD5A425XA-HNR.

But keep in mind he is using that as a fixed cam LPR and not using it as a PTZ.

A PTZ cannot function as a normal camera and be able to capture plates like that at night. You have to run fast shutters and all you see is the plate and head/tail lights.

Here is his thread where he talks about it:

Got it, Thanks, I'll check out the thread.