Stop accumulating JPEGs on local PC

nnaviask

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using Blue Iris. I am doing timed JPEG ftp uploads to my website. The file name does not change so it is always overlaying the same file. This is an easy and low overhead way of displaying the current scenery from my house with zero file maintenance on my part for my website.

However, I am still accumulating “clips” (JPEGs) in my “New” folder that I am forced to clean out frequently.

Is there a way to stop the JPEGs from recording locally while still doing the automatic ftp upload?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am using Blue Iris. I am doing timed JPEG ftp uploads to my website. The file name does not change so it is always overlaying the same file. This is an easy and low overhead way of displaying the current scenery from my house with zero file maintenance on my part for my website.

However, I am still accumulating “clips” (JPEGs) in my “New” folder that I am forced to clean out frequently.

Is there a way to stop the JPEGs from recording locally while still doing the automatic ftp upload?
I dont see any way.
You can set a size or time limit on all files in the new folder..just go to blue iris options clips and archiving...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Set the size/time limit to zero?
not zero...20mb should do it...
You can also simply use the post tab function to post to the website, you can maintain a ring of images...

nnaviask

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris Support told me what I was doing incorrectly:

The Record and Post should be separate.
Using FTP Post does not create a JPEG in the recording folders.
lease turn off JPEG on the Record tab.

And it worked.
Thanks for your ideas.