Store to NAS, which folders? Theft Prevention

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to store all pertinent files to a NAS that is hidden in the event my PC is stolen. Which folders need to be stored on the NAS that would allow me to attach and view the videos from a new pc in this scenario.

thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to store all pertinent files to a NAS that is hidden in the event my PC is stolen. Which folders need to be stored on the NAS that would allow me to attach and view the videos from a new pc in this scenario.

thanks
the new and stored folders or any other folder you are storing video on.. do not place the DB folder on nas...leave it on your pc.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
got it. so with a new install you could view those? i guess they are just video files right? just proprietary format. i also read you cannot use a mapped drive? i know i tried that and it did not work

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
got it. so with a new install you could view those? i guess they are just video files right? just proprietary format. i also read you cannot use a mapped drive? i know i tried that and it did not work
yes you will be able to view those files with a new install of blue iris. Never tried using a mapped drive..

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
looks like i finally fixed this. not sure if i missed it originally or if the help file was updated after i stopped trying. i have to think something changed because i originally did not use BI as a service. running as a service, i changed (per the help file) to a non system user and it works now. i am spooling files to NAS. question i have is the status bar where you see CPU% and file / free space is still showing local disk for total space but incrementing on file size. i have confirmed these are recording to the NAS. any idea why it shows this way? of course my DB is still local.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
looks like i finally fixed this. not sure if i missed it originally or if the help file was updated after i stopped trying. i have to think something changed because i originally did not use BI as a service. running as a service, i changed (per the help file) to a non system user and it works now. i am spooling files to NAS. question i have is the status bar where you see CPU% and file / free space is still showing local disk for total space but incrementing on file size. i have confirmed these are recording to the NAS. any idea why it shows this way? of course my DB is still local.
restart blue iris. Take a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
will take screen shot. i did restart BI and service.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oddly, the space shows 410 where my disk is really 465. my NAS is 2TB

config.jpgdisk.jpgstatus.jpg