strange behaviour after messing with settings

Tirglas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi:)

i've been using BI and the BI android app succesfully for the past 6 months ish using both with the default settings (plan was to go eventually to continuous recording on all camera, which would be 4 in the end). To access BI from outside of my network i either use chrome remote desktop or the android app via opvn through my asus router.

hardware wise i had running x1 hikvision and x1 dahua starlight varifocal running as above, using a dedicated i5 windows 10 pc running BI with a 400gb system drive and an added 4TB wd purple drive. However as i say i hadn't had any time to really delve into any settings etc.

yesterday i added 1 further dahua starlight, which then gave me issues with the IP's being the same etc, i set the IP's on the cameras themselves, which they then all showed up in BI etc.

at this point looking through the settings i realised that BI wasn't even using the 4TB disc so played round with the settings to point BI at the new disc. i also set the 3 cameras all to continous recording.

this then sent the cpu up to 100% and the system was extremely sluggish, i then attempted to revert the settings back to when triggered etc, which i think i've done.

the problem is since i've played with settings video no longer displays in the android app, it logs on and the first screen shows the icons of the videos and the live streams of the cams, however when selected they just sit there with the loading icon with no buttons working.

it is the same whether on my local network or when using the vpn.

the windows software seems to working ok when i RDP in, and when the app connects i hear the tone on BI.

i've tried deleting all the cams, deleting the app, and rebooting everything in the chain

some of my settings are below can anyone take a look and see if there is anything obvious that may be causing the issue as was working fine before i started playing around. I realise this could of gone in the app forum but i'm assuming its something in the setting i've done wrong