strange error after changing recording locations

RJF

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I changed the locations of where New and Stored files were kept last night, and now am seeing the following notification that looks like an error message:

I assume these relate to drives R: (where New files are kept) and S: (where Stored files are kept). As seen below, however, there don't appear to be any overallocation problems, and the drives have plenty of space. Anybody know what's happening?

RJF

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is an Over allocation warning. Look at the allocation graph in the log tab.
Pardon the dumb question, but how can I be overallocated? As shown above, my allocations are way under the sizes of the drives, and the only data on these drives is BlueIris data.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Pardon the dumb question, but how can I be overallocated? As shown above, my allocations are way under the sizes of the drives, and the only data on these drives is BlueIris data.
have you regenerated the database after moving the locations?
post a screenshot of the status >clip storage

Reactions: RJF

RJF

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
have you regenerated the database after moving the locations?
post a screenshot of the status >clip storage
No, I haven't. Will try that and post the screenshot tonight. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
also note that you can assign each camera a unique color on the timeline...camera properties>general>event color

Reactions: RJF

RJF

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks!! Didn't realize that. Really appreciate all of your guidance on this forum.

RJF

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, I haven't. Will try that and post the screenshot tonight. Thanks!
When I repaired the database it fixed the issue right away. I should have taken a screenshot before to show how wonky it looked, but now it looks normal. Thanks again @fenderman !!!