Strange Firefox Behavior (Solved)

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Something very strange happened. I have been using Firefox to view/control several Hikvisions. Suddenly today, I was unable to load the "Configuration" page on one of the cameras. I could view the camera's video, as well as the "playback" and "log" tabs at the top, but clicking the "Configuration" tab would simply give me a blank page. None of the other cameras had this problem with Firefox; Only this one particular camera. I tried opening this problematic camera with Internet Explorer and Chrome and the Configuration tab worked fine with both of these browsers....So the configuration page worked fine on every camera with all browsers. except for one camera who's configuration tab no longer worked with Firefox (despite it working with Firefox in recent days).

Solution: I upgraded Firefox to the latest version (36.0.1) and the configuration tab now works again on the problematic camera using Firefox....

What happened?: Who knows?!?! Seems if a plug-in on Firefox was corrupt, then the other cameras would not have worked perfectly...Yet, the trouble was obviously somewhere in the browser. It's almost as if only the configuration page on that one particular camera's IP address was somehow blocked. Very strange!

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone else uses Firefox and out of nowhere starts having trouble loading the configuration page. Upgrading the browser to 36.0.1 seems to fix it. I can't explain what exactly went wrong or exactly how this fixed it, though!