Strange Problem; One camera don't show preview

Reaction score
Dear All;

I'm quite new to this stuff, had some security issues in my area (Nasir Bagh Road, Peshawar (Pakistan), so, had to install Hikvision D-7104 HIGHI-F1. Installed two IR Bullet camera (indoor/Outdoor) having both about 27 feet away from the device, having both power supplies of 12V 1.5 Ams each 27 feet away near DVR. Double Checked all cables with continuity tester, then checked voltage of power cords near camera, both read 12.21 volt.

Problem is that only one camera shows preview while other Doesn't. Both cameras are quite near at 90 Degrees to each other. So I changed the cables to see if other doesn't work, but both wires work for one camera not two. I took out power connector of one camera that was showing preview. To my complete surprise, the other started working. I exchanged the power connectors with one another but only one camera shows display.

I searched the web but couldn't locate any body having such problem. So, I found this forum and here I am.

Please help me.

Respectfully Yours
Naeem

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That looks to be a analog DVR for TVI cameras. What are the camera models you are working with?

Thats a "Lite" version DVR. It can only display a limited number of hi resolution streams. Channel #1 can record 3MP but only channel #1. All other can only record 1080p.

My guess is you can only display one 3MP stream at a time.

What cameras are you using?

Last edited:
Reaction score
That looks to be a analog DVR for TVI cameras. What are the camera models you are working with?

Thats a "Lite" version DVR. It can only display a limited number of hi resolution streams. Channel #1 can record 3MP but only channel #1. All other can only record 1080p.

My guess is you can only display one 3MP stream at a time.

What cameras are you using?
Dear Bigredfish,
Many Regards and a big thanks for responding;
I have two cameras namely; Hikvision turbo HD Indoor/Outdoor IR Bullet Camera (Model: DS-2CE16C0T-IRPE 3.6mm, 720p, 0.1 Lux@ F1.2, 0 Lux with IR, True Day & Night/IP66. (picture attached)

I have tried to change the settings in Menu; resolution of cameras but I think I am not on the right path.

Your guidance would be highly appreciated, please.

Sincerely Camera.jpg
Naeem

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm 720p cameras shouldn’t be a problem..

I know on Lite versions of Dahua DVR’s, there is a total FPS and bitrate limit. Try reducing FPS on both cameras to 15 or less...