Streaming dashcam?

harkdoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Heres the deal:

I have a tesla, which is frequently parked and charged- I can leave the dashcam running 24/7 obviously due to the battery of the tesla.
What i am looking for is a dashcam that has wifi with rtsp streaming. That way, when the car is at home, it automatically connects with blueiris and starts recording.

Does such a thing exist?

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don’t know much about tesla but I assume the main battery always charges/maintains the 12v? Otherwise your “dash cam” would drain it.
That aside, no traditional Amazon/eBay dash cam has its own rtsp stream you could access via WiFi.
That in mind, I think you would need to find a made for home cam that can run via USB or comparable source to your vehicle that is WiFi and stream directly from there.

its late so I’m not thinking at 100% so that’s all that comes to mind. I’ll try again tomorrow

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
You would probably have to rig up a custom camera for this. You would also have to make sure you actually have a wifi signal out to your driveway. Connecting a wireless client from that far away from your AP will more than likely adversely effect the wifi in your home due to air time contention issues and low bandwidth.

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score