Streaming IP cams to youtube/facebook

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I can stream to youtube with ffmpeg fine but I wanted to test out streaming an IP cam to facebook live with their API. I couldn't get it to work with ffmpeg, probably user error, but that only lets you stream one camera anyways. I downloaded OBS (open broadcaster software) and it lets me bring in multiple cam streams, resize them so you can do picture in picture, all kinda neat stuff but the cam streams are kinda glitchy. Anyone else know of any software that works well for something like this? xsplit might work but I run linux so I'd have to run a virtual machine just to stream the cams.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know I did it with Facebook but it was stopping after 5-10 minutes. I did those tests a couple of months ago. I think I was using VLC-->OBS... Should try it again.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I know I did it with Facebook but it was stopping after 5-10 minutes. I did those tests a couple of months ago. I think I was using VLC-->OBS... Should try it again.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk
OBS is stable, I did a steam for about 45 minutes, but it's a little glitchy for some reason, like in OBS you'll see artifacts poop up and go away in the video.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk