Streaming to 3rd Party P2P Server

squidcake

n3wb
Reaction score
Howdy all,
I'm in the process of securing my restaurants' networks and I'm disabling all port forwarding. It appears to me that the only way to view the cameras remotely without port forwarding is to use P2P. However, I've run into a few issues.
  1. The IVMS-4500 app only allows the stream to be associated with one account. I need some folks to have access to all our sites and some to have access to just their own.
  2. As far as I can tell the IVMS-4200 desktop app doesn't support P2P. I'm about ready to pull my eyeballs out reading poorly written Changlish documentation. Does anyone know differently?
  3. I'd prefer to use my own P2P server to manage the camera streams and hopefully alleviate the above issues. However I'm at a loss at where to start.
Is it possible to do these things without port forwarding? Any input is appreciated, I'm at my wits end with these freaking things.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Howdy all,
I'm in the process of securing my restaurants' networks and I'm disabling all port forwarding. It appears to me that the only way to view the cameras remotely without port forwarding is to use P2P. However, I've run into a few issues.
  1. The IVMS-4500 app only allows the stream to be associated with one account. I need some folks to have access to all our sites and some to have access to just their own.
  2. As far as I can tell the IVMS-4200 desktop app doesn't support P2P. I'm about ready to pull my eyeballs out reading poorly written Changlish documentation. Does anyone know differently?
  3. I'd prefer to use my own P2P server to manage the camera streams and hopefully alleviate the above issues. However I'm at a loss at where to start.
Is it possible to do these things without port forwarding? Any input is appreciated, I'm at my wits end with these freaking things.
p2p is just as bad if not worse...
VPN Primer for Noobs

squidcake

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I should have added, I read the VPN primer for newbs and I'm considering go that route. My concern is a balance between security and ease of management.
It's my understanding that p2p would prevent commands from being pushed to the device, is this not the case?

Just in case anyone is wondering all my nvrs are vlanned away from the payment system.