struggling to access active deterrence cam from nvr

Tubs

n3wb
Reaction score
hello,
i recently purchased an active deterrence cam(ipc-t5541h-as-pv) from Andy to add to my set up and I've just found out that there's a whole bunch of settings which can only be changed directly in the camera, i have it hooked up to my NVR (5416-4KS2). I've managed to access my older cameras without issue through the NVR web browser but for some reason i can't access this newer camera through the same way (port 5, 10.1.1.69).

I've tried deleting it from the list and reconnecting into different ethernet ports, resetting the nvr ect. but it comes up with the same error. it does seem to always designate the address as 10080 so i'm not really sure how to clear or reset this path if that is the problem.

thanks in advance
nvr cams.pngcam error.png

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Disconnect it from the NVR, reset the camera back to factory defaults.
Delete it from the NVR.
Reboot the NVR, after it comes back up, plug the camera into the NVR, wait and let the NVR automatically add it. Can take up to 5 minutes.
Best to always make adjustments to the cameras from the cameras own web gui.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
it does seem to always designate the address as 10080 so i'm not really sure how to clear or reset this path if that is the problem.
Are you using Chrome to access the NVR web GUI?
A long shot (I don't use Dahua NVRs) - there have been some posts on how Chrome is blocking that NATed port which has an adverse effect on Dahua NVRs.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using Chrome to access the NVR web GUI?
A long shot (I don't use Dahua NVRs) - there have been some posts on how Chrome is blocking that NATed port which has an adverse effect on Dahua NVRs.

My reply in another thread.

Sep 22, 2021
Griswalduk said:
Note for the following I use internet explorer.

I would have to check again but what I think happens on my NVR web UI when I sign in and go to cameras

the first camera icon I click on (blue E) opens a pop up with address 192.168.1.108:10080.

This can be any camera from the list take your pick. It will always get this address

Sign in to camera webUI.

Sign out of camera and close window.

Pick any other camera and click the icon (blue E). This opens a new pop up with new address 192.168.1.108:10081

sign in / out and close pop up.

pick another different camera.

this now gets address

192.168.1.108:10082

and so on.

you could try signing into a different camera first. This will get you a different port number from 10080.

I also noticed the newer firmware on the 5442 also had to install another plugin. This threw up a load of errors probably trying to overwrite the previous plugin but it still works.
I did some more messing about and i can confirm the above is correct. Well as correct as it can be using a fire hd tablet lol

First of all sign out of NVR. It might also be an idea to close the browser but i didn't have to.

Sign into NVR. This restarts the process

Pick a camera from your list that you do not want to access.

The first camera selected is assigned address 192.168.1.108:10080

As you know it is not possible to access the camera using the address. Close pop up window or tab.

Now select a camera you do want to access

The next camera selected is assigned address 192.168.1.108:10081

it is now possible to access the required camera and all other cameras except the first one selected.

Signing out of the NVR and back in again will restart the addressing sequence.

Hope this workaround helps

Griswald

Tubs

n3wb
Reaction score
My reply in another thread.

Sep 22, 2021

I did some more messing about and i can confirm the above is correct. Well as correct as it can be using a fire hd tablet lol

First of all sign out of NVR. It might also be an idea to close the browser but i didn't have to.

Sign into NVR. This restarts the process

Pick a camera from your list that you do not want to access.

The first camera selected is assigned address 192.168.1.108:10080

As you know it is not possible to access the camera using the address. Close pop up window or tab.

Now select a camera you do want to access

The next camera selected is assigned address 192.168.1.108:10081

it is now possible to access the required camera and all other cameras except the first one selected.

Signing out of the NVR and back in again will restart the addressing sequence.

Hope this workaround helps

Griswald
This did the trick for me, thanks a miilion mate.