stumped

donnny1

n3wb
Reaction score
hi y'all so i get this p2p wifi cam from garage sale naked and am trying to make it work! no luck so far! i have NO EXPERIENCE with this stuff!! i mean i plug up power and it does its checks and then sits there! i tried a bunch of software for phone and puter but cant find cam! i think its and older 1. cant find any info on it on net! the phone p2p stuff i cant even get signed up!! must be lost in translation!! the cam has an ID# and PASS on side sticker. so there it sits just looking important!! anyone got the time to clue me in with baby steps!?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi y'all so i get this p2p wifi cam from garage sale naked and am trying to make it work! no luck so far! i have NO EXPERIENCE with this stuff!! i mean i plug up power and it does its checks and then sits there! i tried a bunch of software for phone and puter but cant find cam! i think its and older 1. cant find any info on it on net! the phone p2p stuff i cant even get signed up!! must be lost in translation!! the cam has an ID# and PASS on side sticker. so there it sits just looking important!! anyone got the time to clue me in with baby steps!?
I strongly suggest that you dont use the p2p function and block the camera from all internet access. Unless you want your camera and network hacked
True Story: The Case of a Hacked Baby Monitor (Gwelltimes P2P Cloud)

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
vpn if the camera allows standard rtsp/onvif streams, if not it belongs in the garbage.
Good thought. Is it going to require blueiris to do this? I understand using the VPN but how do you view rtsp/onvif streams?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good thought. Is it going to require blueiris to do this? I understand using the VPN but how do you view rtsp/onvif streams?
no, you view them the same way you would view them on a local network using tinycam or ipcamviewer..you cannot view recorded video unless you use the manufactures app/

donnny1

n3wb
Reaction score
What a piece of russian junk... Didn't even bother to click on the link.

Did you read the installation manual pdf I provided above?
yah downloaded HOMTROL but i cant find a cat cable i'm living 2 places will pick 1 up when i swing back next week or maybe wife has 1 have to check. i also have smart pss on puter along with i spy.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no, you view them the same way you would view them on a local network using tinycam or ipcamviewer..you cannot view recorded video unless you use the manufactures app/
sorry i am not familiar.
I was always wondering for p2p app based with onvif how could you setup it up to use it with alerts/2-way etc through vpn and watch live recording on the phone without the app and having it go through China servers.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@donnny1 ,

Just great....we all see your avatar that you uploaded as a new member yesterday. Whoop de dee.

Why did you feel compelled to impart your unsolicited political viewpoint to a non-partisan forum about IP cameras and other security-related topics....wait a minute.. don't answer that, as it was a rhetorical question and besides, I don't really care.

For me (and likely many others) this forum's a safe haven from the non-stop diatribe spewed from both sides. If I wanted a dose of it I'd turn on my TV or listen to talk radio. Please.....and I am speaking only for myself here.....do me a favor and keep any future content you contribute pertinent to this forum and leave your politics on your tailgate.

I don't care to know who you voted for in the past or intend to vote for in 2020 or what you think about this president.

P.S. - Welcome to IPCamTalk!

Last edited: