Stunnel caused "MAJOR" problems?

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Loved Blue Iris for 5 or 6 days.
(Please note my question mark up in the title. It means I have no definitive proof the problem was due to stunnel; although the timing seems to point that way.)

Then installed stunnel and developed the following problems:
  1. Wireless mouse pointer slowed down response and became iffy.
  2. Wireless keyboard response slowed, then stopped responding altogether.
What I did to cope with my dilemma:
At this point I must explain what really exacerbated my dilemma.

My computer is in my bedroom, inside an the top half of an amwoire cabinet dedicated to this purpose.

My display is a 65" 4k LG TV on HDMI 3 @(3840 x 2160) ,in an adjoining living room on the other side of the bedroom wall. I know this seems overkill but my failing eyesight appreciates it. It connects via a 10' HDMI cable through the adjoining wall.

Once you envision this physical layout, you'll see why wireless keyboard and mouse are absolutely essential.

So what did I do fix the problem?

3 days troubleshooting, testing & verifying the wireless hardware on my wife's laptop. Using a hardwired keyboard in the bedroom to sign on after each of countless reboots, then running to the living room to see the results and to continue with my wireless mouse which still worked. The 3rd day I realized an onscreen mouse was available in Win 10 once it booted up without any keyboard.
Finally, at the end 3 days of suffering, I decided to go for a totally new re-install of Windows 10. But I first saved my download folder to a thumb drive.

I tried to re-install BI5, but it would not let do so because the time had expired. I received a discounted BI5, because I renewed my BI4 service subscription prior to the end of June. I think I should be able to re-install it and I have an email request for help about that in the works but have not yet heard back from them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with blue iris or even ask tunneled for that matter. Purely coincidental. Even if it was related to a stunnel blue Iris support will not help you. You're not entitled to free technical support on your PC simply because you upgraded to a new version of blue Iris.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think you might have misread my post.
I fixed my keyboard problem by totally reinstalling a new copy of windows 10.

The only help I need from Blue Iris is to let me re-install it.
After all, I did not renew my subscription to use it for only 1 week. The software treats it as if I missed the June deadline for upgrading. I did not. They sent me a receipt for my payment and a new license code for BI5 in June. I just think I should have the ability to re-install it after a system failure.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you might have misread my post.
I fixed my keyboard problem by totally reinstalling a new copy of windows 10.

The only help I need from Blue Iris is to let me re-install it.
After all, I did not renew my subscription to use it for only 1 week. The software treats it as if I missed the June deadline for upgrading. I did not. They sent me a receipt for my payment and a new license code for BI5 in June. I just think I should have the ability to re-install it after a system failure.
You are entering the wrong key. You need to enter the old bi license. The new code was a support code that upgrades the old key.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you fenderman, I am glad you misread my post. I installed it with my old license code and it worked. I should have known that. So thanks again.