Sudden odd behaviour since update 4.7.6.8?

Daniel Ripley

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

Iv been getting all kinds of odd things happen since update. First my configure zones where messed up, lucky I had saved each camera. Next was The global schedule chose the wrong profile. It hit midnight when it should change from Evening to Night profile, but it turned to a Day profile. I went into the schedule to check it was still set right which it was. I forced the profile to the one it should be on, then switched back to global and it went back to the wrong profile again, then in front of me it switched to the correct one?

This morning I was checking my trigger clips, I had a 7 hour clip from over night, and 3 alerts. While viewing an alert suddenly all my recordings for that day for my PTZ camera deleted themself. I looked at the log and it shows a Yellow triangle saying 8 files have been deleted, but I didnt delete the files?

I looked back to the past days and there is only 3 days of any footage at all 2 files where protected, all days before that are gone and in the New, and Stored folder in total there is 4 files, I had hundreds.

20 min later I go to look at stats again and the deleted files log has vanished? When I click on view log it says file cant be found?

In clip settings its as follows, iv not changed this so these I assume are default.

New: Limit size 10gb Limit clip age 1 day ,Move to folder store.
Stored: Limit size 20gb Limit clip age 14 day. Delete
Alerts: Limit size 1gb Limit clip age 7 day. Delete

Thanks for any info, Dan

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your issues stem from having almost no storage available.. you need to change those default settings 30 gigabytes of total storage is virtually nothing.. as far as zones changing email support... And disable auto update.

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I found this rev to be a bit more stable in CPU performance but did notice my ALERTS folder is empty yet I am still seeing ALERTS so is it in the dB? Not sure where the images went to but also thought it odd for the folder to be empty. I have TB's available & 100's of GB's assigned to all folders, storage limits not an issue but since I updated, I did think perhaps there was a reset & would wait to see if it built back up, 1 day later ALERTS folder still empty.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I found this rev to be a bit more stable in CPU performance but did notice my ALERTS folder is empty yet I am still seeing ALERTS so is it in the dB? Not sure where the images went to but also thought it odd for the folder to be empty. I have TB's available & 100's of GB's assigned to all folders, storage limits not an issue but since I updated, I did think perhaps there was a reset & would wait to see if it built back up, 1 day later ALERTS folder still empty.
alerts folder is and was always empty unless you store high rest alerts which is not needed...images are stored in the db.