suddenly No plug-in detected

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Suddenly started getting a java script error when trying to live view via firefox. The error was to debug or continue or stop script.

Deleted FF and reinstalled and now no prompting to download the plugin, either from NVR or Cams.

I downloaded and installed webcomponents_x64 and still get no plugin detected on NVR and on each cam, cant live view at all via http.

IVMS working fine, never experienced this before. Tested another machine and same issue.

What gives?

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had an old ghost image with a fresh install of Windows and an older version of Firefox, applied it to a machine and was able to live view again. Will test upgrading firefox to the latest version to see if this was the cause. Other machine with new FF does causes freezing and FF wont allow plugin to run nor will it attempt to install it after uninstalling it. Strange!!

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well when updating the old version 30 of Firefox to latest release, FF gave the latest as version 43. All was well. Then for testing purposes I uninstalled FF completely and went ahead and downloaded the latest version rather then doing an update and it gave version 44. I am once again with the issue on this version and seems impossible to install the webcomponent. Will install the older version of FF again, strange indeed.

nvrplugin.png

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have also been seeing strange behaviour with Firefox since maybe one week ago... It gives me a "Connection not detected" error :?

scguy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Happened to me too. I suddenly can not access the live viewany of my four Hikvision 2032 cams live view via http. I have one 2432 that Ican access. I’ve tried IE-11, Chrome, and Firefox. Everything working fine afew days ago. I even tried system restore on one machine to no avail My NVR,and Blue Iris access live view without issue. I’ve tried on 4 differentmachines that were working fine. On onemacine while tryiing to access via Chrome I was prompted to install web components. Microsoft SecuityEssentials immediately grabbed the file and quarantinned it....stated it was atrojan. I’m baffled!

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If someone else has issues with the latest FF V44 kindly report. Simply revert back to V43 if you do.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
44.0.1 works fine on Mac, Win7 for me. Plugin version 3.0.5.43

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NVR

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Appreciate it Corey, downloading the latest online only gives 44.0, to get 44.01 one should press update again by pressing the question mark in the options window and this solves the issue. At least for me the issue seems to be isolated to version 44.0 and not 44.01 or 43. Your input was helpful thank you.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When I saw this I just went to update to whatever the latest version was, and I assumed that n flavors of 44 would exhibit the same issue, but glad that solved it. Gotta love fast fixes. I actually assumed I was going to get 44.0 but didn't really pay much attention.

On a similar note, I do know that around Firefox 53 or so and beyond, Mozilla is completely axing NPAPI plugins. (Except adobe flash) Chrome pulled support back in September, and Hikvision still doesn't seem to have rewritten WebComponents in PPAPI yet. Hopefully not much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk