Suggest a CCTV System for me please

nickb87

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm from the UK and I want to install a CCTV system to my home. I only need a 2 camera system as my house is a bit on the small side.

Ideally I'd get a system which would allow me to check through my phone as and when I please. Unfortunately my home was broken into a while ago in the middle of the night, so I'm very tense and if I can check the cameras as and when I please it would put me at ease. However, I would only be able to wirelessly connect the NVR/DVR to my router since I'd be installing the cameras on the opposite side of the house to where the router is.

If I could use the cameras in the image below it would save me a lot of hassle (and cost!) however if there is a better solution I would be open to buying new cameras.

Would someone be able to suggest a good camera system? Around £250-£300 would be good.

Sorry - I probably haven't been too clear in the post, let me know if I need to give more details of my requirements.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello.

First of all, do everything you can to avoid wireless. Especially for the NVR, since that is going to be sending and receiving all the video that goes anywhere; that needs to be wired more than anything. Almost no high quality camera or NVR has a wifi radio built in.

Second, you aren't going to find an all-in-one bundle that can really compete with what you could put together yourself.

One of the best cheap cameras you can get is: IPC-HDW4431C-A

Although IPC-HDW4231EM-AS has better night vision, if you are on a tight budget it is hard to justify the added cost.

You can get a cheap Dahua NVR also from various sellers on aliexpress. One such example: Aliexpress.com : Buy DAHUA 4/8/16 Channel Smart 1U 4K&H.265 Network Video Recorder without Logo NVR4104 4KS2/NVR4108 4KS2/NVR4116 4KS2 free shipping from Reliable network video recorder suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd

The one I linked only has one network port so you would need a PoE switch also, or a different NVR with PoE ports built in (similar cost either way).

And of course you need to get a hard drive for it.

You could save some money if you have any old PCs lying around (but not too old!!) as you could buy a copy of Blue Iris and use the PC as an NVR.

MickDeans

n3wb
Reaction score
For a good priced cctv system Ebay have a fluoreon 4 channel dvr with 4 cameras come with 30 metre bnc cables with power adapters so no need for extra cost for parts fitted a few of these myself and they also can be viewed on phone app these are around 120 with hard drive maybe another option for you hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For a good priced cctv system Ebay have a fluoreon 4 channel dvr with 4 cameras come with 30 metre bnc cables with power adapters so no need for extra cost for parts fitted a few of these myself and they also can be viewed on phone app these are around 120 with hard drive maybe another option for you hope it helps

Those are complete garbage...stay away..

MickDeans

n3wb
Reaction score
But for a domestic house for simple use they do just the job obviously for business or viewing number plates ect no these are defiantly not the cameras for that