Suggest a small indoor ip camera for BlueIris?

zirc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I've got a number of indoor and outdoor cameras, mostly Foscam & Amcrest. I use BlueIris to record. My older Foscam C1 has died and I need to replace it. If you know the Foscam C1/C2, you know they are very small. This camera was in my living room, I'm not trying to hide it but I would like something very small and discrete. I do not need pan & tilt. I do need wifi. And if course it must work with BlueIris. Any suggestions?

The Amcrest ASH21 is the smallest, closest fit I've found so far, but it's not ONVIF. And it's waste to have a pan & tilt camera in this spot, I'd rather have something smaller that doesn't have those motors & gears.

Thanks for any help.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've tried normal logitech webcam connected to a raspberry pi 2 ( installed with motion) .. works for me.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do need wifi. And if course it must work with BlueIris. Any suggestions?

The Amcrest ASH21 is the smallest, closest fit I've found so far, but it's not ONVIF. And it's waste to have a pan & tilt camera in this spot, I'd rather have something smaller that doesn't have those motors & gears.
I have an excellent suggestion for a camera. It's a re-branded Dahua, is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with optional wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Under 5" in height, it's available in black or white for under $40 ......but......it has "those motors & gears." :confused:

iceman153

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an excellent suggestion for a camera. It's a re-branded Dahua, is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with optional wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Under 5" in height, it's available in black or white for under $40 ......but......it has "those motors & gears." :confused:
What would that camera be called? Sounds like it's a good fit for what I need.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What would that camera be called? Sounds like it's a good fit for what I need.
It's an Amcrest IP2M-841

FWIW, I've installed 4 of the V2 versions, 1 of the latest V3 version and 3 of it's lower-res HD (720p) cousins in the last 4 years and all have functioned with no hiccups.

I currently use 3 of them with Blue Iris; 1 on front porch to look at deliveries, 1 in garage and 1 in sunroom to watch the dogs; two of the 3 is operating on Wi-Fi. I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

iceman153

n3wb
Reaction score
It's an Amcrest IP2M-841

FWIW, I've installed 4 of the V2 versions, 1 of the latest V3 version and 3 of it's lower-res HD (720p) cousins in the last 4 years and all have functioned with no hiccups.

I currently use 3 of them with Blue Iris; 1 on front porch to look at deliveries, 1 in garage and 1 in sunroom to watch the dogs; two of the 3 is operating on Wi-Fi. I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).
Thanks, looks like a good option, if only they had an outdoor version. You said you have one on the front porch? how well do they last outdoors? They are going under cover in my application, shouldn't get any direct rain/snow but will get sun.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, looks like a good option, if only they had an outdoor version. You said you have one on the front porch? how well do they last outdoors? They are going under cover in my application, shouldn't get any direct rain/snow but will get sun.
It has sat on a plant stand on the front porch next to the house, no direct rain or sun, temps down to the low 20's all winter and mid 90's in the summer since 2017 with no issues. If it lasts 5 years I'd be happy.

zirc

n3wb
Reaction score
I ended up getting an Amcrest IP4M-1051B. I believe It's the newer replacement for the IP2M-841 you linked.

The IP4M-1051B is a tiny bit smaller, has dual band wifi, and higher resolution. It's still way bigger than the Foscam it's replacing, but it's the best I could find right now.

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's an Amcrest IP2M-841

Do you think this can be set up to do a time lapse recording with BI?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I think I remember now. Do you drop the max frame rate down to 1 or 2 minutes for that?
Negative.
Check BI's Help : Camera Settings => Recording and Clips => Recording Options => Video , select "Periodic", then choose recording duration and interval.

Last edited: