Suggestion for a camera setup for pharmacy

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would like to control theft in a pahrmacy where there are over 400 products some small some big that the workers are thieving and come up short in inventory. What cameras would be best to catch such theft without having a full time person manning the cameras.

Ali

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

ipeecam

n3wb
Reaction score
Cameras that count numbers of pills etc are used in the process industry but cost a lot of money. Fitting any form of camera should be a deterrent however and you would expect to see a reduction in thefts because *most* people dont know how smart the camera is, only that they are being watched.

A more cost effective solution maybe:
With clever camera placement you might be able to identify suspicious individuals who for instance turn away from the camera or carry products off screen when there is no good reason. Fitting wide angle cameras to cover most of the store and using narrower cameras for areas such as prep areas and tills would be sensible.

A slightly more costly but setup to aspire to maybe:
To put overt/obvious cameras everywhere and leave a deliberate and obvious blind spot. The thieves may then take advantage of this and you can fit a hidden/covert camera in this spot to catch them.

Beyond all this, after weedling out the bad eggs, paying your good staff well and showing you value them can sometimes be the most effective solution.

Best of luck

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You think installing a few Ptz cameras that we can monitor via Internet would be a good Idea or is it better to put fisheye cameras overhead?

Thanks for your very informative post.

ipeecam

n3wb
Reaction score
It depends somewhat on the room layout, but in general fixed wide or fisheye cameras are better unless you will have an operator managing the cameras. Auto tracking PTZ cameras are normally not advisable in busy environments as there are too many possible objects to track.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okie maybe will try fisheye... the Ptz was only fascinating to maybe control via the Internet and I can view any area I would like to..
Thanks

ipeecam

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have the budget for a PTZ you can normally get 2-3 fixed cameras for the same money which will provide you better coverage/more angles.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah actually I bought 6 turrets Hikvision 2335 and a NVR 7608....
Now I wanted to add 2 more... so that why thought 2 fisheye or 2 Ptz... maybe ill go 1 ptz and 1 fisheye... price range for each cam is about $150 max.

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fisheye might be to much you might need 6mm to 8mm lens depending how big it is and maybe a 4mp sense it's indoor

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What does the mm represent because my turrets are 4mm

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I installed a 4mm in pharmacy it's what the owner wanted as a over view but it's not enough but that's what the owner wanted

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I installed a 4mm in pharmacy it's what the owner wanted as a over view but it's not enough but that's what the owner wanted
But the bigger better the zoom but less wide angle right?

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, here is an example:
After seeing that looks like I should go for 8 or 12mm.... what do you suggest? Damn and I have been going for 4mm

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ceiling is at about 3.5m I think.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Normal seilings are what 3 or 4 meters? Does this make sense? As I want to monitor an area of lets say 14 square meters and camera is on the ceiling which is 4 meters... works out to a very low number.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Suggest 6 or 8mm?