Suggestion for Outdoor Wireless Cam w/ SD card

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for outdoor cameras that are both wifi capable and have an SD card slot? Having trouble finding that combo in something outdoor rated.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes that is one to consider. The options sure are slim sadly.
Any camera can be made wifi by using a small bridge...you wont find lots of quality options because wifi is not a reliable solution.

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not arguing that point at all but unfortunately necessary for this application - at least short term. (not my house but I will have access to the cam)
And although I wire everything I can, wifi can serve a purpose in a pinch. I stuck a wifi Foscam out at the very edge of my wireless signal in the yard (2 acres) last winter and got some of the most incredible wildlife clips during a VERY snowy winter (via Blue Iris). Made it exciting getting up every morning just to check the footage. Wish I could bash it but it worked great. Already have a box of burial rated cat5 for better cams out there this winter though.

you wont find lots of quality options because wifi is not a reliable solution.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wifi is a reliable solution if done properly. The problem is most of the time it isn't.

The problem is wanting wireless and micro-sd card slot. That's why the options are limited.

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
This question is being asked daily. Perhaps make it a sticky?