Suggestion for security cameras for car surveillance

Reaction score
I have few incidents of my car being keyed, getting really anxious. I am looking for a camera solution that helps keep tabs on my car parked outside on the street, 30 feet away from the house.

I have reolink c2 inside the house but I don't have one for outdoor, thinking about reolink 410 but always wonder if there is a better alternative for car surveillance?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Generally speaking, you need 2 cameras for the average driveway to cover cars. Add extra white light in the form of high lumen LED's if you can. Focus on the vehicle not getting a broad wide view. Keep cameras mounted under 8 ft or you'll just get the tops of heads.

Any good 2MP camera will be fine during the day, at night you'll be better off getting the Dahua 2MP Starlight 5321's and not wasting time on cameras that arent good at low light.....and more MP doesnt necessarily provide a better image, especially at night.

Test your cameras at night with movement, ie walk around like a bad guy and see the results. Dont dial in a perfect static image and expect all to be good when movement occurs.

See these posts:
HOA Approvals for camera installation
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Dont forget to switch the youtube player to 1080p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Generally speaking, you need 2 cameras for the average driveway to cover cars. Add extra white light in the form of high lumen LED's if you can. Focus on the vehicle not getting a broad wide view. Keep cameras mounted under 8 ft or you'll just get the tops of heads.

Any good 2MP camera will be fine during the day, at night, but you'll be better off getting the Dahua 2MP Starlight 5321's and not wasting time on cameras that arent good at low light.....and more MP doesnt necessarily provide a better image, especially at night.

Test your cameras at night with movement, ie walk around like a bad guy and see the results. Dont dial in a perfect static image and expect all to be good when movement occurs.

See these posts:
HOA Approvals for camera installation
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Dont forget to switch the youtube player to 1080p

Thanks so much!! It looks really good at night!!