Suggestions for a Simple two camera remote monitoring without internet connection

JHW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here at the house I'm running BI and a couple of Dahua cameras, but I have to travel to Florida to fix up an old house that my renter trashed and abandoned. I'm going to fix it up and sell it and probably spends three or four months off and on doing it and travelling back and forth, so I'd like to be able to monitor it while I'm back at home. My question is does it make sense to go with some sort of GSM camera that I can monitor occasionally from the web, maybe an all-in-one system or should I just go ahead and take a BI system and a couple of cameras and try to get a short term internet contract. I'm thinking monitoring the front door and inside garage. I'm just not sure how much bandwidth a GSM system could consume. One of my fears is leaving it vacant for months at a time and having burglars take my tools or squatters move in. Sure, It's a lame question, and I could do some homework, but I'm wondering if anyone already has a good solution for setting up remote monitoring on a temporary basis.

Thanks,
Jim