Suitable Android SW to use IP cam as a baby monitor ?

Mathieu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've just received this cam: FULL HD 1080P HI3516C + 1/2.8'' SONY IMX322 IP Camera Audio 2MP Camera IP With External Microphone Pickup Outdoor Bullet CCTV-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Bought this one more likely for experiments and playing arround, since I'm planning complete surveilance system arround the house. I was advised to go for IMX322 lens and HI3516C chipset and this cam was for 30$ back then, so... :)

I was thinking about using it as a simple baby monitor in connection with our Android phones - is there any app where I can set sound trigger after which video feed will pop-up on the phone ?

I was trying IP CAM Viewer Lite and I've failed to connect it with the camera (It's AFAIK doesn't support sound trigger anyway...). So far, I was successfull only with iSpy on my desktop via ONVIF. But it might just be because of my lack of experience with IP cams...

Got one more question regarding the mic - the one I've received with cam has only DC-IN jack, thus, I have to use two adaptors in order to power both camera and mic. If I order for example this one, with an extra DC-OUT, will I be fine with just with one adaptor ?

Mini Mic Audio Spy Hidden Microphone for CCTV Security Surveillance Camera DVR | eBay

Thanks in advance for your advices

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.