Sulotion for pull records from sdcard in elevator

Roeer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello im trying to find camera that i can connect to the camera using ftp to pull out the sd card records
The camera needs the be with wifi.
When the elevetor in floor 0 the camera will be online and computer script will try alwats to connect with ftp to pull the records

Any suggestion whitch camera? Thank alot

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know @nayr has his Dahua cameras connected to his Dahua nvr and somewhere in the nvr settings there's a network recovery mode he's enabled. From what i (barely.... just from reading on this forum for the past year) understand /remember, the way it works is that if the nvr ever goes down, when it comes back up it will automatically repopulate the nvr hard drive storage with data from the sd cards.

This is intended as a starting point for you to research further...as its the best solution i can come up with that might help you out.

Seeing as how elevators can be sometimes used quite a bit I'm not sure how quickly it'll be able to transfer the files thou. Maybe you could set the file lengths to something short like 30 seconds or 1 minute so it has the best option of transferring as many full clips as possible once it reconnects to the wifi. A big enough sd card and maybe it could transfer a days worth of video at night when the elevator is idle for longer periods of time.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Or install a mesh wifi network with access points near the elevator on each floor. I have no experience with those thou so I'm not sure how well that would work.

Can you not add an Ethernet cable to the cabling that is connected to the elevator so that the camera is always hard wired to the network and you could then record 24/7 to a NVR?

Roeer

n3wb
Reaction score
do you have an info about that? network recovery mode its sounds good

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Everything i know is in my first two posts. Was hoping to give you some ideas that might work. I have no idea how well they would work as i haven't personally done any of them.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Gonna make a few assumptions here....

Buy 2 sd cards big enough to record a day's worth of activity. Then have a low wage employee swap the cards every morning and manually transfer the files onto a computer /storage location of your choice.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, get a wireless bridge and hardwire one into your network and place it on the ceiling of the elevator shaft. Then put the other one on top of the elevator. Then you can connect the camera to the one on the elevator and it should probably have constant connection to the one at the top of the shaft. Then you can constantly record everything to an NVR and not worry about sd cards.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Plenty of elevators have cameras so it's not impossible.. Just ask Jay-Z.

TMZ

Maybe you should look into hiring a local professional camera installer.

Roeer

n3wb
Reaction score
Its very expensive to wire ethernet cable with 28 floor x 3 elevetor
I want an smart soultion

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Relying on WiFi for security cameras isn't smart in the first place.

What's the reason for needing a security camera in the elevator anyway?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
vandel....
if the issue is vandalism, then you dont need anything...simply use a large sd card and only remove it after you notice damage...does the elevator have a coax line from an old camera or any other unused wiring?

Roeer

n3wb
Reaction score
I found soultion i will install pie with motioneye near camera and now i can move the files with script
Thanks alot for the suggetion