Sumpple S610

Robert99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello...
I'm new here, hello to all. I recently purchased 2 Sumpple S610's and no at all impressed with their software (desktop & phone). I'm wondering is the Blue Iris package will be compatible with my cameras?

Thanks...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello...
I'm new here, hello to all. I recently purchased 2 Sumpple S610's and no at all impressed with their software (desktop & phone). I'm wondering is the Blue Iris package will be compatible with my cameras?

Thanks...
return those crap cameras...that is be best solution..blue iris is generally compatible with any camera that can send an onvif or rtsp stream....download the demo

Robert99

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman... well, tell me how you really feel...lol. While I understand there may be better cameras, price is a strong factor in many purchase decisions. some of us don't have the budget of others.

Also, like others I suspect, are not professional up camera people. Could you help me understand the terms you used about "streams"?

Thank you...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman... well, tell me how you really feel...lol. While I understand there may be better cameras, price is a strong factor in many purchase decisions. some of us don't have the budget of others.

Also, like others I suspect, are not professional up camera people. Could you help me understand the terms you used about "streams"?

Thank you...
these cameras sell for 179 on amazon...for that kind of money you can buy a quality dahua starlight varifocal turret...you likely dont need the ptz...its a gimmick for all but a select few applications...
The terms are protocols used by cameras to stream to third party software.

Robert99

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure I know what a "turret" camera is, but in my situation I need to pan and tilt the camera. They are mounted on opposite corners of my house such that with 2 cameras I can see 360 degrees around the house.

I will check the specs on if these cameras support those streams.

Robert99

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure I know what a "turret" camera is, but in my situation I need to pan and tilt the camera. They are mounted on opposite corners of my house such that with 2 cameras I can see 360 degrees around the house.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Really? you man your cameras 24/7? are these used for security or dog watching...dont by crap cameras by looking at specs you are just asking for a world of hurt and you are not saving any money, rather wasting money.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... all I can say is... thank you for your opinion.
its fact...its a common amateur move...some folks simply wont accept good advice... I will say it again, ptz is a gimmick in most use cases. Keep wasting your money on low end garbage...let us know how it works out for you.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
You can get two better cameras from AliExpress for less than the price of one of your Summples. Get 4 and point them where you need to see and you'll be able to see and record everything all the time. Dahua HDW4431C-A will give you 4mp and audio for $70 each delivered. For home security though I'd recommend putting one at each door plus one per driveway and then add more for other important areas and blindspots. Concentrate on covering the main areas well rather than putting some on the house corners that'll probably just give you distant poor shots of people going in your doors. Unless you don't want good coverage of your home and just want something to play with and look around for wildlife/dogs/livestock?

Robert99

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for you opinions, however, to be blunt, my original question was about compatibility of the Blue Iris software. I did not ask for opinions on which camera I should buy, or, which camera I did buy. Camera shaming is not beneficial to the poster, nor for others who may come here for unbiased information on their questions.

Thank you...

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not shaming your choice, just pointing out weaknesses in coverage and asking what you expect of them. They're noname cameras AFAIK, so if Blue Iris doesn't autodetect them specifically then you'll have to hope that they're ONVIF to get a stream out of them and keep your fingers crossed that the PTZ controls also work under ONVIF. The later the version of ONVIF the better your luck of BI supporting camera-based alerts and probably PTZ as well. ONVIF 2.0 is pretty basic but most common with low end cameras that even bother to support ONVIF at all rather than just proprietary streams that just function with their own software, with more function built in with later versions like 2.4.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for you opinions, however, to be blunt, my original question was about compatibility of the Blue Iris software. I did not ask for opinions on which camera I should buy, or, which camera I did buy. Camera shaming is not beneficial to the poster, nor for others who may come here for unbiased information on their questions.

Thank you...
Camera shaming please...That that PC nonsense to another forum.. this is not an internet safe space . pointing to poor camera choices is beneficial not only to you but others who may come across this thread.. instead of being stubborn and trying to justify your poor choice and lack of research you should be thankful for getting proper advice. It is evident from your camera choice and your lack of knowledge with respect to rtsp and onvif but you did not research your choice. Also note the even if the camera is onvif compliant or can send an rtsp stream it may not be compatible with blue iris..yes you will get an image but it will not be stable as we have seen with Reolink where the company deceptively advertises the camera as blue iris compatible when its firmware does not support iframe interval settings.
Finally you are getting unbiased facts about your camera selection. If you dont like the free advice you are getting leave. Dont let the door hit you on the way out....im sure you can figure his all out on your own.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you...
Sadly no one is "camera shaming you", they are trying to better educate you. While you came here asking for BI advice you are receiving additional helpful advice letting you know that BI will not all of a sudden make your cameras "great". So, in turn, a senior member gave you some straight forward additional advice. You also very simply could have mounted 4 turret cameras and received the same "Coverage" with no blind spots, unlike the blind spots you always have even with PTZ when the cameras are pointed the other direction. So if "360" coverage was really that "important" you would have additional cameras. Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but you've received some pretty good advice and instead decided to ignore it/complain. In the end, polishing a turd still leaves you with a turd (that 960p image won't give you crap if you have to zoom in for an ID)....