Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome Camera Test 20X Optical Zoom

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a short test of the Sunba camera. Caution, this camera must be installed very high as it cannot see over the horizon. Pan is a full 360 degrees. Tilt is from 0 degrees to 90 degrees down. No POE or Auto Tracking. Total cost of the camera including shipping was $167.90 Camera was purchased on January 15, 2016 and was delivered 6 days later to the San Francisco Bay Area on January 21, 2016.

The stop sign you see in the video is located 1346 feet (410 meters) from the camera. I tried to avoid show street signs, because even at this distance, the camera can read the small print on our street signs.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Why is the image is kind of moving on certain objects when fully zoomed in? Look at roofs. Is it an iframe issue?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Why is the image is kind of moving on certain objects when fully zoomed in? Look at roofs. Is it an iframe issue?
I haven't had the camera long enough to fully understand all it's capabilities and limitations. I set my camera to run 15 FPS. At that setting and CBR, the highest Bit Rate I can select is 4195. I Frame settings only run 2 to 12. I can't set it to match my FPS. The other two cameras I had that used the same interface had the same confusing adjustment settings. The camera parameters screen is totally Greek to me. I'm not sure what to change to possibly improve things.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The zooming (full screen) is amazing, made me dizzy. :) Panning suggests its a tick faster than the Mini PTZ, but not by much. Always ready for more vid! Thanks!

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also notice it struggling to focus...I was curious about that too being a 20X...wondered if the extra lens travel would be reflected in longer autofocus times.
edit: could also be some heat emanating from roofs?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I will do some recordings tonight with the Sunba and Huisun cameras located in the back of the house. I will point them in the same general directions and make some recordings. Now keep in mind, the Sunba camera cannot see any where close to the house. The Sunba is blocked due to the floor of the deck and deck railing from seeing close to the house. The camera is used for looking at the view. I have other cameras that monitor the hill behind our house. The Sunba camera IR is rated for 100 meters but I have no way to test that at it's current location. After seeing the videos you will then understand why I never posted a video at night looking downtown at the buildings with the Huisun.