Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
For additional camera details, see the following 2 forum threads.

Forum member vincenttor has the same model camera.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/8301-Part-of-the-temp-installation-finished

Also, BobW55 posted a thread for a similar Sunba model camera.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3439-Review-Sunba-Tedh-507-20XC

Some camera details.
Sunba HZ507-20XB

Camera is a 4 inch mini dome PTZ. It is made of aluminum. The camera and bracket together are heavy. Appears to weigh about 5 lbs
20X optical zoom.
1080P Resolution
100M IR Distance.
No POE.
No auto tracking (as far as I can tell).
Camera pans a full 360 degrees. There is no upward tilt. Camera tilts from 0 to 90 degrees down. Panning speed seems about the same as the Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ.

The camera total cost was $167.90 with free Fed Ex International Economy Shipping (weekday delivery). The camera was listed at $182.90 with a $10 off sale price and a $5 coupon on the product's ordering page. I ordered my camera last Friday. It arrived in 6 days (yesterday) from China to the San Francisco bay area.

Cameras was purchased from this store:

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cX1WBHCU

Here are some unboxing photos.

I will be doing more tests later today, including connecting the camera to Blue Iris. Not sure if I will be able to install the camera outside today or Saturday due to the rain here. The weather for Sunday looks good though, so a demo video might have to wait a few days. If I get a chance today I will attach it to our deck with a clamp and take a few snapshots.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interested to hear how it works with BI and seeing some video.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For additional camera details, see the following 2 forum threads.

Forum member vincenttor has the same model camera.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/8301-Part-of-the-temp-installation-finished

Also, BobW55 posted a thread for a similar Sunba model camera.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3439-Review-Sunba-Tedh-507-20XC

Some camera details.
Sunba HZ507-20XB

Camera is a 4 inch mini dome PTZ. It is made of aluminum. The camera and bracket together are heavy. Appears to weigh about 5 lbs
20X optical zoom.
1080P Resolution
100M IR Distance.
No POE.
No auto tracking (as far as I can tell).
Camera pans a full 360 degrees. There is no upward tilt. Camera tilts from 0 to 90 degrees down. Panning speed seems about the same as the Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ.

The camera total cost was $167.90 with free Fed Ex International Economy Shipping (weekday delivery). The camera was listed at $182.90 with a $10 off sale price and a $5 coupon on the product's ordering page. I ordered my camera last Friday. It arrived in 6 days (yesterday) from China to the San Francisco bay area.

Cameras was purchased from this store:

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Cw4A45w

Here are some unboxing photos.

I will be doing more tests later today, including connecting the camera to Blue Iris. Not sure if I will be able to install the camera outside today or Saturday due to the rain here. The weather for Sunday looks good though, so a demo video might have to wait a few days. If I get a chance today I will attach it to our deck with a clamp and take a few snapshots.
You forgot the pictures? i am not seeing any of them.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks vincenttor for posting those images. It looks like those are from the CMS software. I do not plan on using that software at all. I will only use the camera's web page from Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 for camera configuration. Later I will connect up to Blue Iris.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you please post some UI screenshots?
Yes, I will post a screenshot later. I will only use the camera's web page for configuration. Camera uses the same UI as Grandstream type cameras, for those who might be familiar with that brand. I use Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer for configuration. You have to change some security settings for Active x in Internet Explorer to get the camera to work in the browser. The camera comes with an installation flyer that documents the changes needed for Internet Explorer.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I could not get anything when accessing the website for configuration.
I got only a simple viewer and that was in Chinese with the signs etc.
Hence i used the CMS sotware to acces it.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you please post some UI screenshots?
Here is what the web interface looks like in Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11. I had 2 cameras a couple of years ago that used the same interface. They were off brand OEM cameras made by Grandstream.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems i probably have another version.
I have a bit similar with the ptz control at the right, some chinese signs left on top in that sort of menu bar.
1 button is logout, the other gives some info about the camera.
And thats it.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
It seems i probably have another version.
I have a bit similar with the ptz control at the right, some chinese signs left on top in that sort of menu bar.
1 button is logout, the other gives some info about the camera.
And thats it.
Are you using the same version of Windows and Internet Explorer as I am?

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no , tested with edge in win10 thats on the tablet.
And ie 11 on windows 7.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ lulu5kamz
Try this:

Click on the image to enlarge !

@Larebear
I think many Chinese company's used the same software or modifications.
I have placed some SHDI sets with dvr, those used the same software and looks, also some other camera's and hidden camera's that are made in a PIR housing use the same as far i have seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Larebear
I think many Chinese company's used the same software or modifications.
Not my favorite software/firmware. It seems a little complicated but after trial and error, got it working great with the ESC cameras which I purchased from a US company but of course are China made.

If I order a Sunba HZ507-20XB, at least I'll be familiar with the setup. :)

I'll wait to hear if the Sunba ptz functions will work in BI before I order one. Another problem is the 0 to 90 degree's tilt. I was hoping it would go above horizon at -5 or -10. I have two Poker 10x ptz cameras and they are the same with a tilt of 0 to 90. They are mounted on my house and shed and don't tilt high enough, in my opinion. At least the Huisun mini ptz's will tilt to -5 or -10, not sure which.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't worry , if its the same camera as mine, it will work with the settings i have posted.
I had the same problem, when you press scan it finds the rtsp ports and some other ports 34567 8899 554 etc
But it does not set the model/make name , and if you set this on the xmey setting as on the screenshot it probably will work.
It did at mine, what i have done today is tried the preset points, they do work in the software CMS that they add to it.
Even when you make a preset with zoom, it will zoom in to that last position ( not sure if this is with all ip ptz cams but my analoge cam did not zoom only moved)
I was hoping when i called this preset in dahua with the smartpss software that it now moved to that location.

I guess i am still doing something wrong but maybe i will find out whats up, haven't tried this in blueiris because when i received the camera i only turned it on here for a brief moment and then mounted it on my garage.